Chapter Four

FLORENCE HILL

It'd been a week since I'd been here, and I'd made zero progress with Vladimir. My wolf wanted to jump his bones every time she saw him, I controlled her. To be honest, my tough facade was slowly wearing away too and I was warming up to him. No matter how I hard I tried to deny it, we had a connection, a bond, and it was slowly starting to pull me in.

Currently I was in the shower and when I came out Vladimir was on a call with someone. I looked in the mirror, running my fingers through my wet hair, trying to make it look presentable but it wasn't cooperating. There was only one type of conditioner that worked with my hair but Vladimir didn't have it.

I hadn't once thought of escaping again, after the last time I tried to. His anger was one thing I never wanted to face again.

"Come, let's go down for breakfast." He said when he ended the call.

I nodded and he wrapped his arm around my waist. I tried to move away but he gave me glare. "Stop." He warned roughly.

I huffed and crossed my arms as I let him lead me to the kitchen. He was still overly possessive which annoyed me. There were already two plates full of food, kept on the table. My stomach rumbled at the sight of it and I couldn't help but blush a bright shade of red, trying to look anywhere but Vladimir's eyes.

"Let's eat." He said and I heard amusement in his voice. God, why do you have to be so embarrassing, Florence?

We ate in silence but the air was thick and uncomfortable. I could tell he wanted to say something but wasn't, I wonder what was stopping him. Even I wanted to talk to him going to see Xavier but I knew it would drive him to the edge of insanity if he heard Xavier's name once again. But, nonetheless I wasn't going to stop trying.

Xavier deserves an explanation, I should've called him the night I came here but I didn't know what I was going to say to him. My own feelings for him were fading away and it scared me, to say the least. Xavier had been my happy place, he was where I felt comfortable where no one would judge me, and now, everything was changing. In simple words, I was scared my happy place was changing.

"Vladimir." I started, softly.

He looked up and nodded at me. God, he's gorgeous.

I cleared my throat. "I want to go to my pack."

"And why is that?" He asked, after a moment of staring intensely at me.

"Because I need to talk to Xavier." I said in a small voice, getting straight to the point since I knew lying to him would get me no where.

"Absolutely not." He growled.

"Why?" I whined.

He caught both my wrists in one of his large hand and jerked me forward, pulling me into his lap. "Because, you are mine and I will not allow you to go see a boy who is convinced that you're his." He said slowly but there was a dangerous tone to his voice.

"I need to talk to him!" I said, annoyed. "He deserves an explanation."

"He already has an explanation, you found your mate. Facile." He said, turning his attention to his phone, that was constantly buzzing with alerts, while still keeping one arm around me.

(simple.)

"Can't you at least think about what he's going through?" I snapped, irritated by his behaviour. "He's heartbroken—"