Chapter Twenty One

FLORENCE HILL

I walked up the steps of the crowded pack house, a few files in my hands, smiling and waving to everyone who acknowledged me.

"Good evening Luna." A young boy came up to me as I made a move to go up the stairs. I looked down and smiled at the boy, he looked a bit familiar and it took me a second to recognise him as the boy who almost shot an arrow through my head.

"Hi James!" I said, leaning down to ruffle his hair. "How are you?"

"Awesome as always. What about you?" He grinned.

"I'm good too." I said. "How's your mummy?"

"She's good, she's making cupcakes right now. You should come join us!" He squealed in excitement, tugging on my hand.

I let out a laugh. "I'd love to, James but I have a little work to do right now...save one for me?" I asked.

"Sure!" He nodded his head vigorously.

"Great." I said, bending down to caress his cheek. "See you later."

"Bye!" He waved before running off somewhere.

"Luna, have you made the list of supplies needed for the orphanages?" Carla, the pack orphanage supervisor came up to me and spoke.

"Yes, I've made it and I've signed it. I just want Vladimir to go over it once and then I'll give it to you." I told her.

"Ok, thank you." She smiled warmly at me.

I smiled back before she walked away. I looked down at the file in my hands, going over the papers I was shuffling through. Vladimir and I had talked and I'd told him how I wanted to have a say in the decisions made by the pack. He was stoked that I wanted to be involved in the pack decisions, claiming that the only reason he didn't ask me to be involved sooner was because he thought I wasn't interested and didn't want to force it on me.

I walked up the stairs of the pack house and reached Vladimir's office. Caleb and Isaac were sitting there along with Vladimir.

Isaac and Caleb both greeted me and I smiled at them before turning to Vladimir who was already staring at me.

"Are you busy?" I asked, not wanting to disturb him.

"Never for you." He winked cheekily at me and I blushed. "What's up?"

"I just wanted you to go over this list for the orphanage supplies before I give Carla a go." I said, walking towards his desk and placing the file on it.

He took the file and looked at the guys. "You guys are dismissed." He said, a stern edge to his tone making me frown. Vlad was never really serious with the guys. Especially Caleb and Isaac.

"Aren't we going to discuss the rogue att—" Isaac started.

"I said you guys are dismissed." Vladimir snapped at him making me divert my attention to him. I eyed him in suspicion. Rogue attack?

"Wait...what rogue attack is he talking about?" I asked Vladimir, crossing my arms against my chest.

No one moved. Vladimir kept his gaze on the file in his hands. Isaac stared down at the floor. Caleb's eyes switched from mine to Vladimir's like a pendulum.