1-DEMONS!

Your eyes shot open. Your hand immediately went to where your sword would usually be, but you were met with nothing. Your sense slowly came to you. There were beeping machines all around you. Where were you? Your eyes caught onto the bed and you immediately thought about how nice it was. The bedsheets were seen as more of a luxury to you, however, to most, it was the bare minimum. Your ears perked up at the door handle turning. You were fully prepared for whatever was behind it. A man, who wore a long white coat that almost touched the floor. 

"Ah, you're awake." He said with a kind smile. 

"Where am I?" You asked coldly. You didn't give your guard up for a second. 

"You're in In Musutafu Mercy Hospital currently. You're lucky you're alive, a pro hero found you fast enough and took you here." He explained to you, his smile never saying goodbye. 

"A hero?" You questioned slowly. 

"I'll have to ask you a few questions is that okay?" He asked you, brushing off the fact you asked what a hero was. He assumed you were in shock that a hero saved you. 

You slowly nodded your head yes. 

"What is your full name?" 

"(F/n) (L/n)." You answered. He nodded and wrote it down onto a clipboard. 

"Do you know where your parents are or their phone number?" 

The term phone number was unfamiliar to you, however, you brushed that off. "They're dead." 

The man's eyes widened slightly at those words, but he quickly gained his composure. "Is there anyone taking care of you?" 

"No."

"I find that hard to believe." He spoke with a small laugh. 

"How about I ask you some questions now." You said glaring at the man who you still didn't know his name, however, you didn't care whatsoever. In a demon slayer corps, you knew not to get attached to others after being in it for the short span of 3 years. 

"Ask away." He said bringing his arms up to his head. 

"Where is my sword." You demanded. 

"It's safe in the storage room, so no need to worry." He said with a soft smile. 

"You spoke about a hero. Did you mean a demon slayer?" You questioned the strange man beside you. 

He hummed. "Mmmm no." He drew. "A herooo?" He shook his head as if he was trying to ring a bell in your head. 

You shook your head with firm lips with a confused expression. 

The man sighed thinking that you lost some type of memory. "Well, do you remember how you got in that situation with all those wounds?" He asked. 

"Yes... I was fighting a bear." You lied. No matter how many times you explained what a demon was to a normal human being, they thought you were a mad man. 

"Hmmm." He hummed. "I don't think you get stab wounds from bears." He gripped onto his clipboard a bit tighter. 

"You won't believe me when I say this, but there are monsters. Man-eating monsters. The only way to stop them is to let them die in the sunlight or to cut their head off. I was fighting one. I used the term demon slayer before, those are the people who kill the demons. I am one of them." You explained to the doctor. 

"I think you were in contact with a villain, (L/n)." He said giving out this thoughts. "Well, anyway, do you know today's date?" He questioned. 

"If I'm correct it's January 17th, 1914." You answered.