8-I hate emotions

You shot up from the sound of the school bell ringing. Your heart raced. It must've been the next class period. "Oh, you're awake." The old nurse hummed with a smile. She pulled out a piece of paper writing down a few words, and handed the slip of paper to you. By now your racing heart had calmed down to a much slower beat. 

You got up ready to leave, but the woman stopped you. "Hold up!" She said in a kind but stern voice. "You can't be walking around barefoot." She walked over to a cabinet, she opened the door to reveal slippers. "These aren't proper shoes, but it'll do for now." She pulled out a pair that looked like they would fit your feet and handed them to you. "Try those on and see if they fit." You slipped on the shoes lifting one foot up and then back down to see if they were comfortable walking in. "Perfect! You may leave now." She said bidding you goodbye as she walked back to her desk. 

You walked through the hallway, but someone caught your eye. The purple hair made it obvious who it was. "Oh, hey." You called out grabbing his attention. He looked away from the vending machine, his finger still hovered over the buttons. 

"What happened to you?" He questioned with a raised eyebrow. 

"It was some hero training. I accidentally stepped in acid." You explained shortly walking up to him. 

He sucked in air through his teeth harshly, as if to say that must've hurt. "Jeez... How'd that happen?" He looked back at the vending machine typing in the letter and 2 numbers that were needed. Slowly the snack that he desired fell down the box. He crouched down picking up the flavorful snack. 

"Well, my classmate had an acid quirk and it was a group activity, I got pushed back and I just stepped in it." You told the story to your friend, making sure it wasn't over exaggerated. 

"Did your feet like... Melt off or what?" He questioned with curiosity. 

"Um..." You gave it some thought for a moment. "Kind of. I wasn't in it for long only a few seconds. My skin melted off a little bit, and it was just kind of a bloody mess." 

"Sheesh..." He mumbled quietly. "Well, I gotta get to class, see you at lunch (L/n)." He said walking away from you into the opposite direction. 

You continued walking, but only for a moment. Wait... Why did you talk to him? You could have ignored him, but you didn't. Why? Did you consider him your friend? The thought almost made you laugh, but you were seriously considering this. Friend? You haven't had friends in a long while, so why did you want one now?

You continued walking, but much slower. Was it true? Was this world much safer? Could you have friends? You shook your thoughts away, you didn't need friends. You just needed to survive. Even though you convinced yourself you didn't need others, you couldn't help the feeling of longing in your chest. 

You had finally arrived to your classroom door. You pushed the large door open, and immediately everyone's heads turned to you. You ignored everyone's stare and walked back to your seat with whatever confidence you could muster up. 

Your eyes locked in with Mina's yellow orbs, she casted her gaze away shamefully. You'd have to speak with her, about it later so she doesn't blame herself. Wait...why did you care if she blamed herself? GOD! All these mushy emotions are annoying! Your face twisted up in a scowl without your knowledge from frustration. You didn't want these sappy emotions. You never asked for them, so why are they here? It almost made you want to vomit your brains out and scold yourself because of it. 

You didn't even pay attention to the lesson in front of you because of how confused you were at yourself. Sure, you cried like once or twice since you've been here. But! Other than that, there was no reason for you to want friends. You were supposed to distance yourself away from everyone! They stop you from reaching your full potential! So why did you care! Why did you care about their feelings? 

You were supposed to be the stone cold star pillar! You were supposed to be the stone cold classmate! You were supposed to be the stone cold (y/n)! You were (y/n)! There's nothing else to your personality! Stone cold! That's what it was supposed to be! So why of all times now, did you care about other people?! You promised to yourself to survive here. You promised yourself that you would find a way back home. You didn't need others.

Maybe you needed others? No! That's a silly thought! You only needed yourself now! You could survive without the validation of others! You could be perfectly fine with or without them! You didn't need them! You never needed them! 

You could never admit one thing. You longed for others. You longed to have friends. You longed to have at least someone who understood you and your thoughts. You could never deal with the knotted ball inside of you. The knots pulled at your heart strings. The knots pulled you apart in every which way. You wanted to be understood. But, of course, you would have never admitted that. Not to yourself, and not to anyone else for that matter. You didn't need anyone, end of story. 

You didn't notice that the class period had ended, and everyone took their 10 minute break to speak with their friends and desk mates. Immediately, Mina marched up to your desk. You gazed up at her, looking at her lemon colred and midnight sclera eyes. She gazed at you shamefully. As if she did something terrible to you. 

"I'm... I'm really sorry (y/n). If... If I had known... That my acid would have done that to you, I would have never done it!" She exclaimed passionately to you. 

You tilited your head at this. "You don't have to apologize. I knew it was out of your control, so why would I blame you? I've felt worse, so don't feel bad about it." You reassured with a shrug. 

"But-" She attempted to protest, however you cut her thoughts off with a pair of sharp scissors. 

"I said don't worry about it. I'm not upset with you, and never will be over a silly injury." You said closing your eyes. However, you opened your eyes due to the force of her body colliding with yours. A hug? You haven't been hugged in...well, you've lost count. You froze up due to not knowing what to do. 

"Thank you, (y/n)." She whispered in your ear. Strangely, no one seemed to notice this touching moment between the two of you. The bell rang once again, signaling everyone to return to your seats. She pulled away, giving you a weak smile, and returning to your own seat. You could still feel her touch on your skin even after she returned to her seat. You wanted to be hugged once more. That just added onto the list you didn't want to admit. 

Even though you expected this hour to have 0 complicated thoughts, it happened anyway. Why did you want to become closer to her? Why was she so friendly with you? Why did she chose to be kind to you? You were stone cold, right? So, why did she even have the thought of being kind to you? Why couldn't she have chosen someone else to be so kind, friendly, and caring to? Why did it have to be you? Of all people. Nothing made sense in this world. It frustrated you to no end. 

When you first ended up here, you didn't expect to be anything. You expected to roam around in the streets trying to find a demon. However, you were given the opposite. You were given the chance to become somebody here. Not just in the year 1914, but here too. If you went back in time to tell your past self that you'd be sent to the future and become a hero, you would have never believed a single word that came out of your lips. Yet, here you were, in a school built just for heros.

Hey! Short chapter I know! But there's a lot of development going on with y/n. I also wanted to give a touching moment with Mina because I'm making her a bigger love interest than what I originally intended since she is a very kind person and is helping y/n develop as a person. I also wanted to give a list of love interest listed from main as the highest which means that they have many moments with y/n. Mid meaning moments here and there. And low meaning about 1 to 3 moments with y/n.

-Izuku (main) 

-Bakugo(main but it really doesn't start until later.) 

-Todoroki(main but also doesn't start until later) 

-Shinsou (main) 

-Mina(mid. Maybe a main?) 

-Kirishima (mid) 

-Momo(low) 

-Iida(low) 

-Denki (low) 

Tell me if you want anyone else as a love interest!