chapter 20

Everyone was cheering as the 4. champions came out, one by one. I was cheering on but felt like shit inside. I wanted to save Cedric so bad but if I did, then everyone would believe Harry and Cedric if he said Voldemort was alive and then everything would be different.

"Silence!" Dumbledore yelled, his wand making his voice louder.

The crowd died down and everyone sat down in their seats.

"Earlier today, professor Moody placed the tri-wizard cup deep within the maze. Only he knows its exact position. Now, as Mr Diggory-" the crowd cheered when hearing his name. Amos rose Cedric's hand up but Cedric put it back down "And Mr Potter-" some of the crowd cheered for him "Tied for first position, they will be the first to enter the maze. Followed by Mr Krum-" the Bulgarians cheers for him "And Miss Delacour" the Beauxbatons cheered for her "The first person to touch the cup will be the winner. I've instructed the staff to patrol the perimeter. If at any point should a contestant wish to withdraw from the task, he or she need only send up red sparks with their wands. Contestants, gather round. Quickly!" Dumbledore said and the 4 champions went to Dumbledore.

He spoke to them and after a while the champions went to the maze, waiting to start. The crowd rose and cheered as the champions readied themselves. Cedric hugged his dad, making me hate myself for not saving him.

"On the count of 3. 1-" Dumbledore started but Filch accidentally started the cannon.

Dumbledore looked at him annoyed and I looked at Loki, worry written all over my face. Harry and Cedric entered the maze. Loki tried to reassure me by putting a hand on my shoulder but it didn't help.

~~~~~

It felt like hours since the task started and I felt uneasy. I had this feeling that something was wrong. I tried not to let it get to me but it wouldn't leave.

I touched the ground and saw Voldemort using the Cruciatus Curse on Harry. I was gonna go but Loki stopped me.

"Y/N, what are you doing?" Loki asked me, holding my arm to stop me.

"I need to go" I say but he shook his head.

"No. You're not leaving" he said but I shook my head.

"I need to" I say and he lets go of my arm.

"Y/N" Bucky called and I looked at him "What are you doing?" he asked me and I looked down.

"I need to go. I love you" I say, pecking his lips and teleporting to the grave yard.

"Atta boy, Harry. Your parents would be proud. Especially your filthy muggle mother" Voldemort said.

"Expelliarmus" Harry tried but Voldemort shot him with another spell.

"I'm going to kill you Harry Potter. I'm going to destroy you. After
tonight no one will ever again question my powers. After tonight, if they speak of you they'll speak only of how you begged for death, and I, being a merciful lord, obliged. Get up" Voldemort said and made Harry stand.

Harry tried to run when Voldemort's back was turned but Voldemort saw, trying to shoot a spell at Harry. It missed and hit a grave.

"Don't you turn your back on me Harry Potter. I want you to look at me when I kill you. I want to see the lights leave your eyes" Voldemort said and Harry paused for a moment before coming into view.

"Have it your way. Expelliarmus!"

"Avada Kedavra!"

They both shot their spells at the same time. Their streams of magic met, red for Harry and green for Voldemort. Harry was struggling and his magic was slowly lessening but he kept on going, slowly advancing.