chapter 39

-Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1-

"Hello, Harry" Hagrid greeted as we stood outside his house.

Hermione and Ron went first to hug him, then me Bucky and Loki.

"All right. Wow. Hello" Harry said.

"You're looking fit" Hagrid said.

"Yeah, he's absolutely gorgeous. What say we get undercover before someone murders him" Alaster said and I chuckled.

We all went inside and into the main room.

"Kingsley, I thought you were looking after the Minister" Harry said.

"You are more important" Kingsley said.

"Hello, Harry. Bill Weasley" Bill said.

"Oh. Pleasure to meet you" Harry said.

"He was never always this handsome" Fred said.

"Dead ugly" George said.

"Guys" I say and they look at me, shrugging their shoulders.

"True enough. Owe it all to a werewolf, name of Greyback. Hope to repay the favor one day" Bill said.

"You're still beautiful to me, William" Fleur said and kissed his cheek.

"Oh, Bill, I never really had the pleasure of meeting you properly. Y/N Stark" I say shaking his hand.

"Bill Weasley" he says.

"Just remember, Fleur, Bill takes his steaks on the raw side now" Remus joked.

"My husband, the joker. By the way, wait till you hear the news. Remus and I-" Tonks started but Alaster cut her off.

"All right. We'll have time for a cozy catch-up later. We've got to get the hell out of here. And soon. Potter, you're underage, which means you've still got the Trace on you" Alaster said.

"What's the Trace?" Harry asked.

"If you sneeze, the Ministry will know who wipes your nose. We have to use those means of transport the Trace can't detect: Brooms, Thestrals and the like. We go in pairs. That way, if anyone's out there waiting for us, and I reckon there will be... they won't know which Harry Potter is the real one" Alaster said.

"The real one?" Harry asked.

"I believe you're familiar with this particular brew" Alaster said, taking out his flask and opening it.

"No. Absolutely not" Harry protested.

"I told you he'd take it well" Hermione said. Harry looked at her for a second, then back at Alaster.

"No, if you think I'm gonna let everyone risk their lives for me, I-" Harry said but got cut off.

"Never done that before, have we?" Ron asked. Harry looked at him.

"No. No. This is different. I mean, taking that, becoming me. No" Harry said, looking back at Alaster.

"Well, none of us really fancy it, mate" George said.