chapter 52

"She's coming back" Hermione said.

"Who's that with her?" Ron asked. We all back up a bit as the painting opened and someone stood there. I smiled widely.

"Neville. You look-" Harry started.

"Like hell, I reckon. This is nothing. Seamus is worse. Hey, Alb. We've got a couple more coming through" Neville said and I ran to him, hugging him.

He hugged me back and lifted me off the ground, then set me back down.

"Neville, I missed you so much" I say, hugging him again.

"I missed you too. All of you" Neville said, pulling back and greeting everyone else.

He then took us all through the painting.

"Don't remember this on the Marauders Map" Ron said.

"That's because it never existed until now. The 7 secret passages were sealed off before the start of the year. This is the only way in or out now. The grounds are crawling with Death Eaters and dementors" Neville said.

"How bad is it with Snape as headmaster?" Hermione asked.

"Hardly ever see him. It's the Carrows you need to watch out for" Neville said.

"Carrows?" Harry asked.

"Yeah. Brother and sister. In charge of discipline. They like punishment, the Carrows" Neville said, pointing to the scars on his face.

"They did that to you? Why?" Hermione asked.

"Todays Dark Arts lessons had us practicing the Cruciatus Curse. On first years. I refused. Hogwarts has changed" Neville said.

"No offence, but no shit Sherlock" I say and he looks at me and smiles.

"I think I missed you the most" Neville said and I smiled.

"Oh yeah, I'm the favourite. Beat that, Harry" I say and everyone starts laughing. Neville leads us around the passageway.

"Let's have a bit of fun, shall we?" Neville asked and opened a door "Hey, listen up, you lot. Brought you a surprise" Neville said to the group of people in front of us.

"Not more of Aberforth's cooking, I hope. Be a surprise if we can digest it" I heard Seamus say.

Neville moved to the side, showing all of us. They all started clapping and I felt like a celebrity.

"Okay people, single file line for an autograph" I joke and smile.

We all get down and greet everyone.

"Oh, Seamus. Always that same tone, isn't it?" I ask and hug him "It's great to see you" I say and he pulls back, smiling.

"It's great to see you too" he said and I quickly hugged Dean and Luna as well.

"Okay, okay, stop killing him before You-Know-Who gets the chance. Right then, what's the plan, Harry?" Neville asked as everyone waited impatiently.

"Okay, there's something we need to find. Something hidden here in the castle. And it may help us defeat You-Know-Who" Harry said.

"Right, what is it?" Neville asked.

"We don't know" Harry said.

"Where is it?" Neville asked.

"We don't know that either" Harry admitted "I realise it's not much to go on"

"That's nothing to go on" Seamus said.

"I think it has something to do with Ravenclaw. It'll be small, easily concealed. Anyone any ideas?" Harry asked.

"Well, there's Rowena Ravenclaw's lost diadem" Luna said.