chapter 45

We stopped and set everything up by a lake that was nearby. Hermione was cutting Harry's hair, I was reading a book with Bucky. Loki and Ron were doing whatever. I looked up when I didn't hear the sound of the scissors.

"Oh my god!" Hermione exclaimed and moved towards the table we were sat at. I closed the book and stood up.

"Hey, I haven't finished the page" Bucky said but I gave him a look.

"What?" Harry asked.

"I'll tell you in a minute" Hermione said, looking through a book.

"Maybe you could tell us now" Harry said, getting up and coming to us.

"The sword of Griffindor. It's goblin made" Hermione said.

"Brilliant" Harry said, putting his thumbs up and Hermione looked at him as if he was some idiot.

Well, she wasn't wrong (no offence Harry).

Hey!

"No, you don't understand. Dirt and rust have no effect on the blade. 'It only takes in that which makes it stronger'" Hermione said, reading a bit of the book and showing us the page.

"Okay..." Harry said, super confused.

"Harry, you already destroyed one Horcrux, right? Tom Riddles diary in the chamber of secrets" Hermione said, walking around the table, Harry doing the same and holding the book.

"With a Basilisk's fang. If you tell me you've got one of those in that bloody beaded bag of yours"

"Don't you see? In the chamber of secrets, you stabbed the basilisk with the sword of Griffindor. It's blade is impregnated with basilisk venom" Hermione said.

"'It only takes in that which makes it stronger'" Harry said, finally realising what Hermione was on about.

"Exactly, which is why-" Hermione said but Harry got her off.

"It can destroy Horcruxes" Harry said, sitting next to Hermione.

"That's why Dumbledore left it to you in his will" Hermione said.

"You finally got it" I say.

"You are brilliant Hermione. Truly" Harry said.

"Actually, I'm highly logical, which allows me to look past extraneous detail and perceive clearly that which others overlook" Hermione said. I sat down next to her.

"That is another way of saying you are extremely smart" I say and she smiles at me. I smile back.

"Yeah, and there's only one problem, of course-" Harry started by the lights went out. I created a flame in my hand and kept it small. Ron came into view and Loki came next to him.

"Oh, god" I whisper to myself.

"The sword was stolen" Ron said and used the deluminator to put the lights back. I extinguished the fire "Yeah, I'm still here. But you guys carry on. Don't let me spoil the fun" Ron continued. Harry closed the book and faced Ron.

"What's wrong?" he asked.

"Wrong? Nothing's wrong. Not according to you, anyway" Ron said.

"Look, if you've got something to say, don't be shy. Spit it out" Harry said.

"Alright. I'll spit it out. But don't expect me to be grateful just because now there's another damn thing we've gotta find"

"I thought you knew what you sighed up for" Harry said.

"Yeah, I thought I did too" Ron said.

"Well then, I'm sorry, but I don't quite understand. What part of this isn't living up to your expectations? Did you think we were gonna be staying in a 5 star hotel? Finding a Horcrux every other day? You thought you'd be back with your mum by Christmas?" Harry asked, getting up and walking to the other side of Ron.