»»-- ♔ 𝑺𝒕𝒂𝒚 ♔ --««

[This story has a "soundtrack" you can play quietly in the background while reading. It's just to emphasise emotions of scenes or just to make it more interesting. I planned the songs according to my relaxed reading tempo (So not that fast, like I was telling the story to someone with stresses and co.). The soundtrack's just a suggestion, you don't have to read the story with it (I think on mobile devices you can't have the videos playing in the background, so I apologise there. But it works fine on laptops, etc.).... uh.. I think I'm explaining this way too complicated.. xD anyways .. Enjoy reading!]

The Guards pulled me along into the courtroom, where everyone was already waiting for my arrival. I kept my eyes low. Even without taking a look I knew exactly who was in there with me.

There were two parties. Obviously the one for me and the one against me. Though the prosecutors outnumbered my defenders, if I could even hope for any real defence. In this state I was nobody, nothing more than a mere guard. Would it even have a use to defend me, when it was almost hopeless anyways?

I could feel their eyes on me. The eyes of the silent audience, burning with judgement. But furthermore, the eyes of two princes left and right from the judge. 

I looked up, when I was forcefully pushed to my knees in the middle of the room. I didn't care if it was disrespectful, I had nothing to lose anyways. I was open for display now. My eyes first landed on the prince on the right side. It was the second prince, the younger one by just one year. Sharp pale features, hair like flowing ink, dressed in black and  grey robes, grazed by gold accents. He stared at me with fierce dark eyes hatred burning within them. A snake in disguise. With this trial he didn't fight against me.. it was a fight against his brother. My look trailed to the left, though I almost immediately regretted it again, when our eyes met. I had to control myself... I had to keep our secret, but it was hard when he was right up there.. looking at me with those beautiful amber eyes.

I was just a tool for the second prince. Between the two princes, one of them claims that I was guilty and the other one knows that I was not. But to prove it he would have to reveal our secret and lose his face in front of the kingdom of Tang along with his claim to the throne. He would lose against his brother, who had only waited for an opportunity such as this. Just to safe me... there would only be one rightful prince left at the end.. I couldn't let this happen.

As if it was my natural instinct, my eyes stayed glued to his. I felt like I could never look away as I feared this might be the last time I was able to see him. Hyunjin, my Prince.

The judge raised from his chair, a scroll open in his hands.

He recited: ‚Han, full name unknown, personal guard to his royal highness the first Prince of Tang, Hwang Hyunjin. You are accused of the murder of a confidante to his royal highness the second prince of Tang, Hwang Leejin, that happened in the night from the 16th to the 17th day of this moon cycle.'

That night hadn't been just any night. I didn't murder that person.. I wasn't even close to where that person was found. The second prince knew that, but he also knew that I couldn't reveal my actual whereabouts. He knew where I had been.. he knew who I had been together with. I should have left... it shouldn't have happened..but.. did I regret it? Did I regret it that I had stayed? The longer I thought about this..I couldn't remember a more beautiful night, then that one. Just him and me in our own world. 

So...No, I didn't.. I didn't regret it. To listen to my heart and stay with him had been the best decision I've ever made..