»»-- ♔ 𝑳𝒂𝒔𝒕 𝑨𝒄𝒆 ♔ --««

‚I indeed have underestimated you, brother.' He said, his tone having completely changed from nervous to serious. ‚I thought you would be only following your heart, wanting your darling back in your bed as soon as possible... I thought you would have stopped using your brain... oh ..wait' His eyebrows raised in amusement. ‚You did.'

He nodded towards some guards, that -on his marks- came towards me. One of them pulled me up from the ground, pressing his sword against my throat, while the other guards took each hold of one of my arms.

‚Hyunjin, you were too focused on finding your proofs, that you let your guard down. Didn't you notice something?' 

I saw how Hyunjin's hands had clenched into fists, his eyes nervously shooting back and forth between me and his brother.

‚Actually, I knew you would reveal everything today and you did, without even missing a single detail. I am impressed, to say the least. But I don't know if you noticed, but something feels off doesn't it? Mh.. well..' He looked at us cluelessly, as if he actually didn't know what was up. Then his smirk reappeared. 'You may have revealed everything, but to whom? Let's see..' He looked around. ‚The few people of your own' his eyes moved over Minho and a few other guards standing at the side. ‚Your beloved one.' The sword's pressure increased slightly, a single drop of warm blood running down my throat. I gulped lightly, feeling how the blade pierced my skin leaving a burning sensation. ‚I think.. that should be it..' 

Suddenly Hyunjin's eyes widened, as if he had realised something.

‚The rest of the people belong to me. We really have some great actors in the audience, I will make sure you will all get rewarded greatly. Some of you should consider changing career even.' The sound of nasty laughing reached my ears.. No wonder they had all been so talkative suddenly... If I had to guess, those people were all soldiers working in Leejin's special task force.. I even wouldn't be surprised to find the ambushers amongst them too. The ones that wanted to hurt Hyunjin. 

The second prince came down from his pedestal, walking straight towards me. His eyes trailed over my features, one by one, his finger slowly gliding along my clenched jawline, letting a cold shiver run down my spine. The way he touched me and the way his eyes mustered me from top to bottom grossed me out.

‚A little dirty and untamed but very good looking nonetheless.. A quite tasteful choice if he wasn't your guard, brother.. if he wasn't ... a man.'

‚Get your hands off him.' Hyunjin hissed watching us closely. Leejin finally took his fingers away from my chin, eyeing the guard that pressed the blade of cold steel against my throat for a short moment, before turning back to his brother.

‚Oh, I wont hurt your dear beloved one... what kind of brother do you think I am...I will take my time with him..' He chuckled evilly. ‚You have two options now and I will give you three days to decide.'

‚The first one ... you give up your right to the throne, he will stay alive and you two can live together happily as honoured members of the royal family at my court. It's the option I would choose if I were you. The second one... Keep the throne and he will die, masked as another attack from Silla. The peace contract would be broken. Silla would be overrun from two sides... maybe three if the word of contract betrayal spreads fast enough... the shore did not yet decide.'  He turned to his brother. ‚But like I said I will give you three days. Some of my guards will accompany you for the time being, your sweetheart will come with me. Don't try anything stupid, or he will suffer for it in whatever way I want... It's up to you brother.'