»»-- ♔ 𝑴𝒚 𝑶𝒏𝒍𝒚 𝑾𝒆𝒂𝒌𝒏𝒆𝒔𝒔 ♔ --««

The court room became silent again, the judge and the second prince whispering something to each other before Hwang Leejin straightened up and left.

‚This trial will be continued when the sun reaches its highest point tomorrow.' The judge announced, before guards dragged me up from the ground, taking me back to the cell in the dungeons.

The sunlight I saw on my way there, was the last until the next day. My cell was dark, it had no windows, no gaps in the brick walls.. no light behind the thick iron bars. The only light came from a torch in the isle. The three walls on my back were cold, and smelled mouldy with a mixture of blood. I sat on the ground, resting my back against one of these walls, staring at the ceiling. 

After a while you would go insane in this death silence, that was only broken by some screams from other prisoners here and there. Apart from the dripping of water, from somewhere at the ceiling there was nothing, until I heard a door open. Some guards stepped inside, I didn't look at them. It was probably the third arrival of new prisoners...

I sighed burying my face in my hands, spreading the dirt from the floor that covered my hands by now over my cheeks while doing so.

‚Wait outside, let no one else in.' Someone's voice echoed through the isle, followed by the sound of a shutting door soon after. I looked up again, my eyes met with two hazelnut coloured ones, that looked at me worried. The mask he had worn to hide his feelings during the trial had fallen off his features as he crouched down in front of the iron bars. I slowly moved closer to him, a small but sad smile spreading on my lips. His hands reached through the bars to my face.

‚You shouldn't touch me my prince .. I'm covered in dirt..' I said quietly trying to brush off his hands but they just reached out again wiping gently over my cheeks.

‚I don't care..' I took his hands, after wiping mine on the cleanest part of my clothes.

‚You shouldn't be here. You-‚

‚How could I not be here, when you are here.'

‚But.. what if someone comes in and sees us.. your brother is searching for everything he can use against us. He might have made a mistake today.. he won't make one tomorrow.'

His eyes looked at me and at the same time they didn't. He was thinking about something. He was a stubborn prince, so whatever he had in his mind, it worried me.

[before]

Ever since that night that I had kissed the prince, I had tried to stay away from him.. at least as far away as a personal guard could stay away. Every free moment I would spent on the training ground, practicing moves and tactics until I couldn't stand upright anymore and collapsed to the ground catching my breath. While I was swinging my sword my head was empty.. it was like an escape.. It were these moments, when I laid on the ground, that my head started spinning again, remembering. I had kissed him.. I still didn't quite know what had come over me then.. A guard suddenly kissing a prince... If anything about it got out it would be my death sentence for sure. But the fear that something got out wasn't the worst thing about the situation..worse was that I would now dream of him almost every night. Replaying the moment over and over.. imagining how it could have continued... remembering every detail about how it had felt to kiss him. The more I thought about it the more I was sure what it meant to me.. But Hyunjin.. he.. was hard to read. His thoughts had been unclear to me from the beginning. At first, when I had met him in the forest, when he suddenly took me with him, I had thought he was just an arrogant beauty. The more I kept around him though and the more I learned about him, he had become so much more. From what I've seen, he actually didn't trust anyone at all.. gaining his trust was more than difficult. Taking me with him, a total stranger, is contradicting ..yes.. but taking me with him didn't mean he trusted me yet. Truth was, he didn't .. not at all.