»»-- ♔ 𝑼𝒏𝒔𝒖𝒓𝒆 ♔ --««

~...you gave me a hard time with him... but as your brother...' His eyes were back on Hyunjin, pretending to be touched and caring deeply for him. ‚I really hope he will wake up again. As you love him so much, it would break my heart to see you cry over him.. also.. I had fun competing with the two of you... I fear it will be too easy -not much of a challenge- with just you alone my dear brother.' Leejin tipped slightly on his neck with a twisted grin nodding to Han's unconscious form as he raised again. Hyunjin's eyes widened significantly as he saw the scratch that the sword had left on Han's throat and the single streak of scarlet blood, that ran down his pale skin.

The blade had been poisoned. 

‚Han!' The blonde prince shook the motionless body in his arms. ‚Han! Han, please wake up! Please.'

His voice was desperate, tears daring to fall.

[Hyunjin's POV aka 3rd person]

Hyunjin paced up and down the aisle as he waited for the doctor to get out of the room again. After the scene in the court room earlier he had carried Han as fast as he could into his room calling for the royal doctor to take a look at him and hopefully find out which poison his brother had used. He had been able to keep his calm during the trial, but that was just because he knew Han would be safe. But now, he was nearly going mad not knowing what was happening with the one he loved, not knowing if he would ever wake up again. He had done all of this to hold him in his arms once again.. but not like this. His mood was lightening ever so slightly as the old and wise man came out of the prince's chamber again, but dropped deep down with every word the other said to him. 

‚It is a rare but well known poison that was used, your highness. It works slow, not easy to use, but it is indeed effective.. and it is.. lethal in every case.' Hyunjin gulped hard, his hands beginning to shake.

‚I-is there .. is there an antidote?' His voice was barely working.

‚That is the problem about this poison, your highness. People rarely get poisoned with it as it is for the commoner hard to use. It can not be diluted in other liquids or food, as it loses its lethal effect. It also can not be burned in an incense burner out of said same reasons. It can only be brought into the human body in its pure, concentrated form. In your guard's case it was applied to the blade of a sword, which will also effect the poison's ability, causing it to work slower.' Looking back.. with talking that much, all Leejin did was playing for time... playing for time for the poison to act. He never focused on winning against his brother by winning the trial. His target had always been Han.. Hyunjin's greatest weakness. Leejin knew exactly how much it would effect his brother, how hurt he would be.. as well as how careless he would become to protect the one he loves. ‚As there are just very few cases of the poison actually working, there still is no antidote and no one I know of dared to experiment with it in its lethal form. I'm ashamed to say this, but there is nothing I can do that can cure this young man, your highness.'

‚So Han will...' his eyes started to burn as he was fighting with the words. ‚..he will... he will die?'

‚As the royal doctor, who has traveled a lot throughout his life, there is one method I came to know of.. Not many acquainted with medicine studied this method.. it is not a very popular method because of the side effects that will occur. 

Though this poison is lethal in every case and can not be cured yet, if discovered fast enough it can be blocked. That does not mean it left his body or is harmless, this just means it is inactive. He will not die. Fortunately you called me just in time, so I could still successfully block the poison in his body.'