»»-- ♔ 𝑳𝒐𝒔𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑪𝒐𝒏𝒕𝒓𝒐𝒍 ♔ --««

‚I assume it's now clear to you that you're the ones in serious need of protection now..' I said then turned away from them. I was about to collect my sword scabbard again, as the noise of metal hitting metal echoed through the room.

I jumped around, just to see shining, blonde strands of hair, waving slightly in the breeze, that came from the open window. The prince had blocked the hit of the sword from one of the guards, which actually had been dedicated to my back.

The Prince didn't have to say anything, one look of him was enough to make these two dogs of his brother bow deep and then run away. Their mouth had been filthy behind the prince's back, but as soon as they were actually faced with him, they took their tail between their legs. Pathetic cowards. When they had left, the prince put his sword away again, then walked out of the dorm. I knew that I had to follow him. 

Outside the sun had almost set. I followed closely behind him, until we came to his room, there I would wait outside, like every day. The prince went inside closing the door behind him, but not completely. There was still a small gap in between the doors, through which I could look inside.

His room was as fine and elegant as he was, dimly lit by some candles scattered on small tables. I was about to avert my eyes again, when what I watched actually got interesting enough, to stop me. My body froze, goosebumps spreading all over, my heart beat quickening. There was no way I could deny that I felt strangely drawn to him. Of course I had sometimes looked after cute girls -in rare cases boys- but it had never been like this. I had never felt the urge before to run to someone and just.. I took a deep breath.. Looking through the gap, it became almost unbearable. I watched his slender hands, untying the bands of the belt that secured his midnight blue robe. After he had put the belt aside, he reached behind his back, trying to unknot the strands of the robe. Usually princes had servants for this, but he was different. He hadn't got any servants around him.. he didn't want any. Whenever the king sent him new people it didn't need an hour until he had sent them away again. He didn't like having servants under him. Why, was something he had never told me.

I kept watching him struggle with the strands, slightly nibbling on my bottom lip, a little unsettled. After a minute of him desperately trying, I gave up restraining myself. The urge grew too big, to just stay outside. Quietly I pushed the door open, sneaking inside the room. I made sure to fully close the door behind me and not leave a gap. Then without a noise I walked towards him, until I was right behind him. Gently I took a hold of his still struggling hands. In surprise he immediately spun around, almost stumbling into me, as he slightly lost his balance. I placed one hand on his waist, the other on his shoulder to prevent him from falling.

He stared at me with slightly widened eyes, but before he could say anything I turned his back to me again. ‚No one wants to harm you... It's just me..' I mumbled. ‚I couldn't watch you struggle any longer...'

He let the words sink in for a short moment. Though as I was about to focus my attention on the tightly knotted strands, he turned again. ‚You were watching?'

I turned him back, a smirk spreading on my lips.

‚If so?' I mocked, finally able to untie the knot. The blue robe unfolded, revealing his velvety, white undershirt.