»»-- ♔ 𝑴𝒆𝒆𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝑷𝒂𝒔𝒕 ♔ --««

Ya~' A voice came out of the dark all of a sudden. ‚It took me a moment to recognise you.. isn't this.. the lost boy with a choice?' Someone stepped out into the illuminated circle of the campfire. I had been right.. this wasn't just anyone.. I had hoped they weren't involved in this .. I had hoped they wouldn't interfere.. but...if he was here... they were involved after all..

My eyes darkened. ‚Isn't this the one that talks too much...?' I countered him.

‚Han..' The person said with a grin.

‚Romin..' 

‚See how far you've made it.. when I heard the Prince of Tang had a lover, I didn't expect it to be you.. actually I didn't expect to ever see you again after you left us.. but I see you've been well...'

‚You know him?' Hyunjin asked quietly, a little confused about the situation.

‚Han you hurt my feelings.. you didn't tell your darling about me and you act like I am about to harm him...'

‚I had a reason why I left you..'

‚He's from the order.' My „Darling" that I kept behind me concluded, finally making some sense out of the situation.

‚Mh.. he is.. don't get too close to him, as you know they're even worse than Leejin..and Gorguryeo combined..'

Romin furrowed his brows, pouting slightly. ‚You really compare us to this dog?' He quickly turned to Hyunjin, an apologetic look on his face. ‚Nothing against you, Hyunjin darling.' Hyunjin never minded someone insulting his brother... it's basically all I did, so he said nothing.

Romin's grin reappeared. ‚With the listeners you get to know about a lot of things, I heard many rumours about you... The first prince of Tang.. the unmatched prince of archery and the butterfly prince.' I raised an eyebrow. Archery alright but..the butterfly prince? Where did that come from? And what the hell does it mean? Knowing the character of rumours all too well.. it's probably nothing nice at all. The ones that spread hearsay often pack up nasty words in nice casings.. and I hated the fact that this might not be an exception. Butterfly prince.. Just thinking about a dozen meanings of this made my hands ball into fists. ‚Admittedly, you really are extraordinary beautiful, just like they say. You know how many wealthy families from all different countries wanted their daughters to marry you? You can imagine what a shock it must've been when it came out that you are a cut-sleeve darling..'

My fingers pressed into my palm, leaving deep half moon shaped indents in my skin, while I had to listen to him. He had always talked too much..

‚The more proud I am, that it is my brother Han, that has captured your heart.'

‚Why are you here, Romin?' My voice was cold. I hated how he talked about Hyunjin.. he was a prince not some price to be claimed..

‚He's here because of me..' Another one dressed in red and gold appeared in the circle of light, his eyes were watching me serious... The blonde prince mustered the new one for a moment setting the puzzle pieces together in his head, before he bowed slightly.

‚King Jinheung.' Hyunjin greeted the new one, stepping next to me again. I immediately lowered my head. It's right that I didn't need to bow to Hyunjin, but the King of another country was something else, I had no right to be disrespectful.. Hyunjin has taught me manners.. which I also thought about sometimes.