𝐓𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐓𝐫𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐫𝐬

Pairing: Karl Jacobs x Reader
Warnings: Violence, manipulation
Pronouns: They/them

----------

He felt like he had been jumping from time-zone to time-zone when he was scouring the place for (Y/n). But every time he had reached the correct time era, he was always a step too late as it would be just enough time for (Y/n) to jump back into a new era. Every place he had travelled do was worse than the last. Every single place was just a royal fuck-up that would be next to impossible to undo.

Unfortunately for Karl and everybody else in the timeline that had the misfortune to come across (Y/n), Karl was not able to stay and fix their messes after they had left. He needed to keep running in order to keep up with them, which meant that he'd have to leave the messy timelines as they were until he was finally able to gain a hold of them. He wished that he could have, believe me, he would spend years trying to clean up their wrongdoings. But he couldn't because he simply didn't have enough time. Because if he had all the time in the world, the world wouldn't be nearly as bad as it was right now.

It took him a while to find the right spot, but when caught up, Karl didn't expect to find himself in this particular place. Mainly because it was so close into the present. Perhaps just a few months behind their current timeline. He hadn't a clue why (Y/n) would've wanted to visit this time in particular, but he figured he wasn't in the right place to question it at the moment. With the power that they both wielded, knowing (Y/n), Karl would've assumed that they would use their powers to travel to a timeline really far into the future or really far into the past, not somewhere that happened not to long ago.

The time era? 2020. October. Karl had appeared within the render distance of the podium that Schlatt, Quackity and Tubbo were all stood by on the day of the... Well, you know. But in case you didn't know, the day of Tubbo's execution.

Karl swiftly turned his head, trying to shoot glances in every direction so he could locate (Y/n). They couldn't have gone that far, they had only just travelled to this era, from what he had gathered. He tried not to be seen by the others at the festival as he crawled through the bushes, trying to decrease the amount of noise he made every step. The buzz of the crowd's voices was enough to drown out the ruffling of every branch and every leaf that he had moved while he trailed. He should be glad that he had appeared in such a lively event because it made it easier for him to go unnoticed by the public as opposed to if the town was to be shrouded in complete silence.

After a few short seconds of looking, he finally caught a glimpse of the person that was causing all of this terror. Beyond the town square that was decorated with bunting, balloons and confetti was a little strip of land and bushes that laid across the outside of the main centre. He saw (Y/n) crouched behind a rock, peering over towards the stage the president and vice president was stood at. They were holding a crossbow in their hand, the string drawn back to carry an arrow that was laced with a potion of instant death. They couldn't see Karl as they were turned away.

"Tubbo, I know what you've been up to." Schlatt's faint voice was heard from the distance as he began to build a short room to cage Tubbo inside. A vibrant yellow was starting to encase him with men stood around him just watching the event unfold.

Karl wasn't sure whether he should avert his gaze back to (Y/n), or try to put his finger on what they could have been aiming at. The conversation by the podium droned on until Karl immediately caught wind of what was happening when (Y/n) narrowed their eyes, adjusting their position when Technoblade got onto the stage.

He seemed calm at first, anxious, but somehow also calm. He was stood a few feet away from (Y/n) in a position where he could see both them and the view happening in front of them. He didn't remember the actual event in 2020 as well as he hoped that he would have, but he got the basic gist of it. Something in his memory just clicked when Technoblade trudged up the little staircase beside the podium with his own crossbow held firmly in his grip while (Y/n) finally got into position.