Chapter 8

Frances' POV

"Confused?." Damn, ba't ko ba sinabi yun? Tsk.

Think Frances, think. 

"Ah ano uh--wala. Just forget what I said. It's not that important naman eh--"

"No, no. Absolutely not. Come on, you can tell me anything." Titig nya lang sakin.

Okay Frances, stop staring at her lips, you're being weird.

"I swear, wala lang yun." Lihis ko nalang ng tingin.

"By the way, that was my parents' favorite song nung sila pa." Change topic ko.

"Really?."

"Yeah. I remember nung bata pako they always sing that in their wedding anniversaries but yeah some things are not meant to last forever."

"I'm sorry."

"No, no it's fine. It's fine with me. What's more important is that they're both happy with new people."

"But are you happy?." Napalingon ako sa kanya.

"To be honest?. I'm not so sure. Pero bumabawi naman sila eh. I spend time with mom and her family during holidays while I spend time with Dad and Tita Naomi on a daily basis. And I think that works for me naman. So growing up I became a spoiled brat kasi madalas ng gifts na binibigay nila sakin halos pambawi lang. They always make sure that I'd get more than I need."

"At least you still have both of your parents."

"I thought you--"

"Yung lola at lolo ko na nagpalaki sakin. My parents died in a car accident years ago. And thanks to their insurance and pension money ng grandparents ko nakakapag-aral ako ngayon."

"I'm glad that you are. Saka may Madie pa so you're happier."

"W-what does that supposed to mean?." Halatang kinakabahan siya.

"I don't want to assume things or be judgmental pero parang ganun na nga. I think the two of you are a couple."

"Really?."

"Bakit? Hindi ba?."

SILENCE

"W-well, not actually. But I love her more than any girl I know. You know, Madie has this in the closet type of problem and of course I don't wanna rush her in terms of coming out because I know that would certainly mess everything up. I want her to be ready first Frances. That's why the only choice for me is to wait, and I would always be willing to wait."

"I see."

"You won't tell anybody else about this naman right?."

"O-of course. Not a single soul." She just looked at me appreciatively and just hugged me saying,

"Thank you." At kumawala na.

Gosh, what am I doing with myself?. Haaaayst. Now this made everything more confusing. 

KINABUKASAN

Ngayong gabi na ang bonfire and presentation namin kaya kailangan naming magprepare. The Titas gave us all the time to rehearse and prepare for costumes and props. 

Do, do, do, do-do-do,

Jaydee and I with the other girls are assigned in the costumes.