Chapter 22

Coleen's POV

I can only see Jaydee's arrow but not Frances'. Which is odd kasi dapat nakikita ko rin yun inside her, but I can't. And that shows the nature of the arrow na tumama sa kaniya which is also an ordinary Cupid's arrow gaya ng kay Jaydee.

People may ask kung anong ibig sabihin nun. So an ordinary C-arrow is an arrow that makes people fall in love but not really deep and hard.

Ang isang arrow naman ay ang golden arrow which causes uncontrollable strong feelings that are almost impossible to get rid of.

A matchmaker has a set of arrows but one of it is a golden arrow, matchmakers use this to people that are almost incapable of love or someone who doesn't have empathy and sympathy towards other people like psychopaths.

A lot of matchmakers don't know some secrets, hacks or cheats about matchmaking because most of them follows the rule book. So in the rule book it says bawal basta bastang bunutin ang arrow dahil kapag ginawa ito ay tuluyang mawawala ang pagmamahal ng tao sa match nya at hinding hindi na ulit sya mahuhulog dito kahit kailan.

But the truth is hindi naman talaga nawawala ang pag-ibig pag ginawa yun, yung feelings lang caused by Cupid's arrow. And based on my wrong matches, I've learned that love is not a feeling but an act of the will or a choice.

So kapag tinanggal ang arrow for example kay Frances, of course mawawala yung feelings nya towards Jaydee. Pero kapag pinili nya to still stay in the relationship even though the feelings are gone, that's love. But if she doesn't, ibig sabihin mababaw ang pundasyon nya and she's not capable of loving someone based on truth because if it doesn't tell you the truth, it's not love at all. And that is the formula of True Love.

Some people don't understand this principle probably because of media's twisted representation of love. And some matchmakers advice people to follow their hearts, but I guess for me the best choice is to follow your brain.

If God is love, then the nature of love should be objective or based in logic and not feelings. Fake love makes you dumb and irrational, True love makes you smart and rational.

If someone tells you that killing people is right because it feels good and that's how far your freedom could get, that's fake love.

Kriiiiing

Recess is over.

Sa classroom. Biology.

"Our ancestors has a battling question. Which is more important the heart or the brain?.." Tanong ni Sir Paulo. May dalang index cards si Sir ibig sabihin may surprise oral recitation kami ngayon.

"..but first we should know what important means. So, we say something is important if we can't live without it. It means both of these organs are important but one of them has to be more important than the latter. So which is it?. Miss Pinlac."

"Well Sir, I believe it's the heart." Tayo ni Frances.

"Why?."

"The heart is already beating before the brain even existed. It's the first type of intelligence in the human body." Sabi ni Frances.

"Coleen."  Tawag sakin ni Sir. Tumayo naman ako.

"Sir, I believe it's the brain. Just because something came first doesn't mean it's more important. A beating heart doesn't give you consciousness like the brain does. What's the point of a heart if it doesn't even allow you to form decisions to survive?." Sabi ko.

"Sir, the heart pumps blood that delivers oxygen throughout the body including the brain. Without the heart, oxygen won't reach the brain and that could potentially cause a severe damage in certain regions." Kontra pa ni Frances.

"Sir, the brain controls almost every part of the body. The brain makes decisions that keeps the heart in right condition. It has the ability to take care of the heart like for example controlling the body and making it choose to have a proper diet and exercise. The brain decides to do a surgical operation if there's something wrong with the heart and not the other way around."  Sabi ko.

"Klaire." Tawag ni Sir.

"Well, a jellyfish is basically immortal under good conditions without both a heart and a brain." Sabi ni Klaire.

..

Jaydee's POV

Great tsk now Frances is mad at me.

Nag-eexam kami ngayon.

"Question number 7. What cell is responsible for conversion of chemical energy culminating out of spontaneous redox reactions into electrical energy or an electrochemical cell?. Also known as voltaic cell."

Galvanic cell

Hahay buhay.

2pm. Andito na kami ngayon sa school theater to practice our walks at sa blocking. Hindi parin ako pinapansin ni Frances. Siguro dapat ko nalang hintaying lumamig ang ulo nya.

3:15pm. Water break. Katabi ko ngayon si Terrence. Medyo nakikita ko namang may malaking pagbabago sa kanya and that change is good. I guess Yssa did a great job. Siguro nga sila talaga ang para sa isa't isa.

"I know that what happened to us before is all my fault at pinagsisisihan ko na yun Jaydee. Pero maniwala ka, I did loved you but maybe sometimes love ain't just enough. What I did before just means di ako ang para sayo because you deserve better. I know I was a jerk for hurting you but I hope hindi to maging hadlang para magawa natin ang naatas sating responsibilidad. By the way, I'm sorry about what happened to your Lolo.." Sabi ni Terrence, unlike dati medyo naging humble sya ngayon.

Di ako nakapunta sa funeral at burol nya kasi di ko talaga kaya.

"..cliché pero totoo ang kasabihan na kapag may umalis may darating. Sana dumating na sya sa buhay mo." Napatingin ako kay Frances nang sabihin nya yun at napangiti nalang ako.

"Dumating na sya." I said sincerely. Napangiti nalang si Terrence. One genuine smile.

"I'm happy for you." Hawak nya sa balikat ko.

..

Frances' POV

Kanina si Ate Madie, ngayon naman si Kuya Terrence? Tsk. Wait a minute, ang pagkakaalala ko--right. Kuya Terrence is one of her exes and it has been rumored before na iniyakan sya ni Jaydee. Tsk ano to? Comeback?.