Chapter 29

I don't feel anything. I can hear myself screaming and something bright flashes in my eyes. I cry out and open my eyes. I wipe my tears and that's when I notice that my hands aren't tied anymore. Infact, I'm not naked at all. I'm in the nightgown that I wore when I slept.

" What's wrong? Are you hurt?"

I look at Preston and my breath hitches.

" No , no" I cry and move as far as I can from him.

"What's wrong?"

I shake my head as my breath hitches. It feels as if someone is squeezing my chest . My breath comes in gasps as I try to get away from him. He kneels down next to me and rubs my back.

" Shh... it's okay" he says and continues rubbing my back.

"It was just a dream , it's not real . Breathe in slowly , come on "

I do as he says and in a few minutes , my breathing gets back to normal. He wipes my face with a towel and helps me sit on the bed.

"I'm sorry " I say embarrassed.

" What did you dream about?"

" It's.. it's nothing. "

" You will feel relieved if you tell me and I'll know what to do to not make you feel like this again"

" You were trying to force me , you tried to rape me "

He remains silent for a few seconds before answering

" I would never do that, I know I hit you and abused you but never did I try to force you"

" I know but that doesn't mean you won't . I never thought you would treat me the way you did. I would have never imagined my life turning out like this so it won't surprise me if you do try to rape me"

" I would never fucking rape you " he says and abruptly walks out.

" How can I not expect the worst from you " I say and he stops midway.

" You treat me like an animal , you hit me , you make me feel so small , so worthless. I have no one to go to. How can I not expect to be raped . "

" I could have raped you a lot sooner but I didn't. "

" But you can in future. If something goes wrong you release all your anger on me. One day it might happen that you go too far. You tied me naked and whipped me . I.. I thought you would rape me until I bled and die that day. You instilled this fear in me, I have to think about the consequences if something goes wrong. I have to think of all the ways that you would punish me " I sob.

" I don't regret it . You deserved it for what you did to my parents. You saw them. You saw how they looked in their deathbeds. How can you possibly think that I will treat you nicely after that. "

" I.. I didn't know. I would never do that to anyone. I told you."

" Your near death experience made me realize that what I did was wrong but I want to put this back. I want us to get together again and I know that sounds unrealistic but I will do my best to make you trust me . Even after all the things I did , I still love you . It will take time but I'm willing to try my best." He says and leaves.

I stare after him not knowing what to think of what he just said. He wants us to get back together. He still loves me .

...
Sorry for the late updates. A bit busy lately.

Also, I have just published a new book . Do check it out. It's called " Birds of a feather".