Chapter 3

I wake up at 8 o'clock. I cannot believe my eyes when I see the time as eight.  There hasn't been a day where I willingly woke up this early. I get ready, take a bath and make sure I look ravishing as hell. I wear a sleeveless dress with converse and put some makeup on.

When I go downstairs , mother looks at me with her mouth wide open. I quickly close her mouth and laugh. Stealing a toast , I sit on the sofa and devour the toast.

" What has gotten into you?" She says

" Nothing mother ! I'm trying to be a good daughter that's all . I'm tired of you being disappointed at me so I made an effort today. "

She does not look convinced. She gives me a last look before sauntering in the kitchen. I smile when I imagine living with him. My cheeks immediately turn red when inappropriate thoughts flash in my mind. I try to act like an adult . I'm not supposed to be attracted to a guy whom I've never seen and never even met. I make my mind that I'll stop behaving like a kid and decide if I want to marry him only after meeting him.

I end up signing on the contract two minutes after I see him. As soon as he enters through the front door , I almost drool. He wears a black suit and oh my my his biceps , his chest. Jesus.

When he spots me , he gives me a nod and then settles down on the sofa , his parents beside him. I keep staring at him . He looks even better in person. As soon as André hands me the contract , I end up signing on it . Dad gives me a glare but I ignore it. Preston too signs the contract and then unfortunately they leave.

At around noon I get a text to get ready at 9 pm and to dress appropriately. There's no mention of where I'm supposed to go or for what I'm getting ready. I assume it must be a party so I wear a black backless gown and put my hair in a bun. I apply red lipstick and damn do I look good. Pretty happy with my appearance, I wait in the living. When mother sees me , she takes a double look at me .

" It's 8 o'clock Alicia ! Why did you get ready an hour before the party.?" She says

" Well! You always tell me to ready early! "

" You are going crazy " she mutters and goes in the kitchen.

...

The doorbell rings at 9:10 and I wait for a few minutes before opening the door so that I don't seem desperate. He stands besides his car and when he spots me , he gestures me to get inside. I quickly slide in the car and he sits beside me. He does not say a word and neither do I. It's so awkward that I wanna go back home again. We arrive in a few minutes and he helps me out. His hand slides around my waist and we quickly walk inside. His hand stays there for the rest of the night. I like it but at some point it starts to annoy me. He keeps dragging me with him everywhere. I finally free myself by saying that I have to use the washroom. Instead of going to the washroom, I sit on the stool near the bar and order some drinks . They don't even ask for my Id . I'm not even 21 yet . Also , some boss is going to pay for these , I don't have to pay for anything so I quickly order different drinks and taste each and everyone of them. I jump when a hand rests on my shoulder.

" You shouldn't wander alone " Preston says

That's literally the first thing he has said to me .

" You were dragging me with you everywhere, I got tired " I say and take a sip of the drink .

" Do you want a drink? They are free " I whisper in a hushed voice .

" I know , free for you because I'm going to pay for them " I almost spit the drink and cough in my hands.

" Come on , get up now . You are embarrassing me " he says and pulls me up.

" Excuse me ? I'm embarrassing you? Who do you think you are ?"

" Shutup and come " he says with gritted teeth.

" No" I say angrily and pull against me . His hold is so tight on my arms that it doesn't take him a lot to pull me. I put as much force as I can but he manages to take me with him.

" You are an arrogant asshole " I say as he pulls me with him.

We sit in the car , me fuming with anger . He is calm and doesn't not show any anger which makes me even more angry.

" If you care about your reputation so much then don't ask me to come in your parties next time. And you should know , that this embarrassing woman is who you're going to marry."

" Then I'll have to knock some manners into you ,it seems ."

" What do you mean knock some manners ? You know what stop the car , I'm getting out. "

I shout at the driver to stop the car and he does when Preston tells him so. I don't waste any time and quickly hop out of the car . As soon as I am out , the car vanishes from my view. I decide to walk as it's not that far from my house . When I'm calm and composed , it dawns on me how dark it is and that I'm the only one on the road . Goosebumps rise on my arms as I quicken my speed.

Suddenly, someone grabs me and starts pulling me in a nearby alley. I try to scream but the person grabs my mouth. I gasp as he pushes me against a wall , my back to him. I start to struggle when he raises my gown. Panic rises in me as I understand what's happening. He raises my dress to my hips and I start squirming and screaming. He has pushed me against the concrete wall so roughly that whenever I try to move , I end up hurting myself even more. His hands are still on my hips and I freeze when he tugs my panties.

But then his hands drop from my hips and I hear him whisper in my ears ," Pull this shit on me again and see what happens"

I whirl around in shock as Preston comes in my view.

" What is fucking wrong with you , you fucking psychopath "

" Watch your tongue !"

" How dare you ! Don't ever fucking touch me again like that. You are disgusting. "

" You should be glad that it's me! What if it was some creep , you would probably be lying naked and dead somewhere!"

" Why would you even do that ?! You better don't come near me again " I say and start getting away from him.

" We have a few days left until marriage and then I will do unimaginable things to you . I won't touch you before our marriage , just because you insisted but don't expect me to be this patient after our marriage"

My face burns as soon as the words are out of his mouth . A thought flashes in my mind , his hands on my body and his lips trailing from my neck towards ...

" Soon princess " he says and picks me up on his shoulders.

" Hey ! Put me down asshole " I scream , I start wiggling so much that he has no option but to drop me . We walk the rest of the way and I try to maintain as much distance between us . The thought about living with him and marrying him is infuriating.

I regret signing the form so desperately. A voice in my mind tells me that the journey ahead will be anything but pleasant and somehow I know that it's true.