Chapter 10

5 months later

I giggle as Preston pulls me tighter against him and starts kissing me.

" Preston, we have to work "

" Mhm" he says and starts kissing me again .

" I love you " I mumble in his mouth and I feel him smile.

" I love you too Alicia , I love you so fucking much "

It takes a lot of convincing to get out of bed and when we do we both have to rush back to work. In my haste to go , I end up wearing my shirt all wrong.

" Alicia , be ready at 7 okay? " He says and I nod.

...

I quickly put on a dress when I realize it's 7:10. Preston is used to this. Never once did I get ready before time. I hastily apply a red lipstick and stumble downstairs. Preston is on the call when I reach him. I quickly go and jump on his back making both of us stumble. As soon as he sees me , he cuts the call. 

" Who was it?"

" No one " he says and avoids my eyes. I notice that he looks distant and maybe angry. His eyes look red .

" Preston? Did you drink ? Everything is okay ?"

He nods curtly.

" You seem upset" I try again

" It's just work ! "

" Is there anything I can do " I say playfully

" No " he says again making me frown.

" Pressyyyyyyyyyy" I say loudly and he warns me with his eyes.

" Alicia , don't you dare !"

" Ohh pressy yesss ! Thereee! Harddddddd" I moan and he slams his palm over my mouth making me laugh.

He quickly puts me on his shoulder and starts carrying me outside , while I laugh. I put my arms around his neck when he puts me down, " now tell me Preston , what's bothering you ?"

" You will know soon " he replies making me feel annoyed.

The dinner is awful. Preston is distant throughout it . After talking for almost an hour I realized that Preston wasn't listening at all. He hadn't heard a single thing I said. I quickly shove the food in my mind eager to go home and to make him sleep on the couch. He doesn't notice when I stop talking or when I don't eat half the things I ordered.

I wait for him to say something but he continues to look outside the window. I get up , my chair making a screeching sound , that brings his attention to me. I quickly walk out of the hotel and call a cab. After a few minutes Preston arrives and so does my cab , I quickly get into it . Preston shouts after me but I ignore him. 

I sleep in the guest room , Preston doesn't find me or even attempt to convince me. Tears burn my eyes as I go to sleep. Every worst scenario runs through my mind but ignoring them , I go to sleep.

...

I go to room when I'm sure that Preston has left for work. I quickly take a shower and tie a towel around myself when I'm done. I sit on the bed and start applying moisturizer to my legs when the door slams open. I jump as Preston angrily strides towards me. I stand up but before I can go to him , he already stands over me. He has something in his hands. I wince as he throws those papers on my face.

" What the fuck is this?" He says and slams a photograph on my chest. My throat tightens as I look at it.

" Preston.. please calm down, I'll tell you everything."

" I already know everything!"

He takes a step towards me , making me fall on the bed.

" I'm going to kill you but before that I will torture you just how they tortured my parents"

" Pres..preston..no.. just listen to me ."

" Did you give them the location?" He asks

" N..no "

I yelp when he grabs my throat , " I will fucking kill your parents ! Tell me the fucking truth and no one will get hurt "

My eyes water , I scratch at his face but it doesn't bother him.

I ..I left after your parents died, I swear. I didn't know they would kill them !" I gasp when he let's me go

" How long were you spying on me? And why? I could have given you anything you wanted! How much did they pay you for this !?Why did you fucking betray me ?! He screamed

" I had a boyfriend! I loved him and I wanted to marry him but I had to breakup with him because of this contract!  I was upset okay? My parents never let me do what I wanted. I was thirteen when they set up my marriage with you! I just wanted to marry someone I loved and not a complete stranger. When I met you for the first time , you were so fucking arrogant. You treated me like shit. That's when Demelio contacted me . He told me what your parents did ! What they did to his wife and children and that too for money! He said that once he got his money back he wouldn't bother you. I had no idea he was planning to murder your parents! Please believe me ! After that day I did fall in love with you . I do love you Preston!"

" I trusted you ! You and I were the only people who knew where my parents were! "

I cried out when he got on top of me and grabbed my jaw , " I will make you pay for this ! " He said .

" Preston, please! I'm sorry ! I'm really sorry , I didn't know " I cried and held his hand.

" I'm going to kill you slowly and painfully " he said crushing my jaw so tightly that I thought it would break.