Chapter 2

7 years later

I wake up in my old room feeling groggy and tired. I had arrived yesterday at my parents house to stay for a few days . I had been to California for two years doing Mba in finance. And I've finally done it . In a few days I'll be starting my job and I couldn't be more excited for it. I wanted to visit my parents as it has been ages since I last came here and it feels good to be back. My room is exactly how I left it. Nothing has been moved . I hear the doorbell ring and then mom's and dad's voice. I expect it to be the delivery man but I know I'm wrong when suddenly mother barges in my room. Some things never change.

" Get ready quickly! Go take a shower now ! " She screams .

I frown at her and start taking a shower. I try to think of who it would be when the Carlos family comes in my mind. André and Carla carlos had visited our house a few years ago and had uttered some nonsense about me marrying their son. I was pissed that day but after that no one spoke about it again and even I had forgotten about it completely until now. I had hoped that they found a better match for their son .

I quickly get ready and rush downstairs. As expected Carla and André Carlos sit on the sofa . Carla smiles Brightly when she sees me and André does nothing.

"Gosh! You look so beautiful" says Carla. I thank her politely and take a seat. They must have come here to cancel the contract, i think .

" Preston will be coming here tomorrow! I have asked him to take Alicia to a couple of his parties so they can get to know each other better."

I immediately frown at his words and look at dad for confirmation but even his face has confusion written all over it.

" We will come again tomorrow and we can decide the marriage dates and all the expenses" he says making me frown even more.

" André ,maybe we should talk.." dad starts to say but André cuts him off , " I have given you and your daughter enough time Mathew ! We were extremely patient and we waited for more than 2 years. Let's not stall this even more "

They both leave after having some tea and snacks . I patiently smile and try to control my anger . No one bothered to ask what I wanted . If I even wanted to marry at all. André spoke as if I was an invisible person. If his son turns out like him I'll probably bash my head in a wall. So rude and arrogant.

Mom and dad go to their room and talk about everything in whispers. I hear my mom losing her nerve and eventually screaming " she is twenty and I'm sure she can handle this. She is not a child anymore Mathew "

I sigh in annoyance and flop on my bed. An idea pops in my head and I google Preston Carlos. The man that appears on my screen is extremely handsome . I don't believe for a second that this is the man I'm supposed to marry. This handsome hunk . Holy fuck .

The relationships I was in before were all casual and lasted for a few months or so. None of my boyfriend's could be compared to him. He was simply gorgeous. I was extremely embarrassed but I was actually excited to meet him. He gave a bad boy kinda vibe and excuse me , anyone would fucking jump to marry this gorgeous looking man. Imagine waking up everyday and meeting this site . Wow.

I end up stalking him for hours. I have seen all his posts on insta and every image on google. I get a giddy feeling in my stomach and I wish for the day to go quicker . Sometime later when I'm still dreaming about the guy , my dad knocks on the door.

I know what he's about to say but I beat him upto it," It's okay dad, I'll marry him. I know how much this will mean to you. I don't care if he is ugly or bad looking, I'll still marry him for you both. I'm definitely not doing this because I'm attracted to him." I say sheepishly

" I assume you have stalked him " he says

I nod and he laughs , " well ! Just because he looks good that doesn't mean he'll be good. I'm still going to say this , if you don't want to marry him then say so . Once you sign the contract as well there's no going back. You cannot divorce him for five years Alicia . So you better think about this properly. André is quite ahead of us and he'll make you both sign the contract tomorrow itself. So think about this carefully okay?"

I nod and hug him. My love increasing for him in an instant.

" Now go to sleep and stop dreaming about him , they will be here in the morning "

I smile and say goodnight as he leaves. I start going through his pictures again. There's a lot of pictures of him but surprisingly not much information. The only thought that nags me is why the Carlos family is so hell bent on marrying off their son. There must be so many girls willing to marry him. The contract only seems as if to oblige my dad into doing as it says. I take daddy's advice and close my eyes , going to sleep instantly.