Chapter 9

For the next two weeks Preston is hardly ever home. I only see him when he comes to bed in the middle of the night. I've tried to tell him to let it go, the cops will do it , find whoever murdered his parents but he doesn't listen. He swore that he will find that person and make him pay.

I jump when the door suddenly opens. Preston strides in the room and when his gaze falls on me , his eyes go dark.

" Did you give the maids a leave?"

I nod

" I told you not to fucking interfere. This is my house and I will decide what to do with it and the people in it."

" I have already made it clear as well Preston , we are married and I have as much rights in these things as you do ! You aren't even home , why do you need the maids for ?!"

" Don't fucking shove your nose in my matters !"

" Just because I don't say anything doesn't mean you'll treat me however you like. I know you are mad , I know you must be angry but treating me like this is not going to bring your parents back "

I stride towards him and make him face me , " I know you are avoiding me but I don't know why! You don't have to go through all of this alone ."

" I'm not going through anything !"

" Take off your clothes!" I say

" What!?"

" Take off your clothes and get on the bed "

When he doesn't move , I go and start unbuttoning his shirt and he removes his pants . I make him lay on the bed and start massaging his back.

" I need to work Alicia "

" Shutup Preston "

I grab some oil and pour it on his back , making my way up his shoulders and neck and slowly moving down. In no time , he is fast asleep.

...

" I'm going to Charlie's house , I'll be back by night " I say to Preston and quickly apply my lip gloss.

" Charlie?'' he asks

" Yes , I told you about her . My childhood friend?"

" Uhm yaa okay , have fun "

The rest of the day passes by quickly. Charlie and I end up going to the theatre and as her sister's wedding is soon we buy her some stuff as well. Since I got married, I completely forgot about my friends. I felt bad about always cancelling plans with them.

When I go back home , Preston is in the room looking grumpy. He doesn't notice me when I quickly go behind him and kiss his lips. He is so immersed in his thoughts that he quickly gets up making me fall on my butt.

" Ouch ! What the fuck!" I cry out as he looks at me in surprise

" Oh I thought.."

" You thought that some murderer was kissing you?"

" Ya.. I mean no "

" Honestly Preston! This is getting out of hand ! Stop this. You are never home ! You never spend time with me ! "

He sighs dejectedly," fine! I'll let the cops do this "

" Promise?" I say and he nods

" You should change " he says and I give him a confused look.

" We are going out for dinner "

I squeal and quickly start changing. I wear a red dress and watch myself in this mirror. The neck is so deep that it shows half my bra so I quickly toss it aside. Preston would not be happy , I think .

When I go back in the room , Preston swallows as his gaze falls on me. His eyes travel from my face and then to my chest. He frowns as he sees the amount of cleavage I'm showing.

" You are not wearing that " he says

" And why not?" I say as I walk towards him. He changed into a black suit making me almost drool. I pull him closer and hug his waist, making sure to press my breasts against him.

" Everyone is going to look at you " he pushes me back and tries to pull the dress up to cover my chest but that just uncovers my butt instead.

"Don't you have a decent dress? " He asks and I shake my head.

He quickly goes towards the dressing room and starts searching for one. Every one of them is short. He pulls a black one only to find it's backless.

" Let's go Preston, I'm starving !"

" Ugh , alright " he says and gives my breasts a last glance.