Chapter 12

Few months later

These pass few months have been great. Me and my team went through the playoffs easily and now we made it to the finals. Josh's team lost in the second round of the playoffs and he was devastated but happy that he gets to watch me play. I was sad for him but also happy that now I have his support.

"Alright girls, we've made it this far so let's just have a good game and let's just try to win it all. Win on three, one two three WIN!" We all screamed and ran onto the field. I stood in my position and looked at Delilah. She smiled at me and I smiled back.

...

It was just like the first game. We were down by one and of course the ball was coming to me. I kicked the ball down the field and crossed up my defender and kicked the ball into the goal. Me and my teammates did our little celebration dance and went to the bench to get some water.

"If you don't get mvp girl, ima steal that trophy from whoever got it" Delilah said as we laughed

"If I don't get it, it will be okay cause we'll be getting the finals trophy anyways" I said. We got back up and went on the field again. The game was now tied and there was only ten seconds left. Me in the girls got in a circle and talked out a strategy to get me or Delilah the ball. Delilah has stepped up on the field and I would honestly say get her the ball because the defense is going to be on me.

We got in our positions and waited for the ball to be thrown up. Once it was, I got it and ran down the field. I had about 5 girls on me and there was five seconds left. I kicked the ball to the left where Delilah was.

"Kick it!" I yelled and she did just that and the ball went in the goal. I screamed and ran to her. The whole team jumped on her and screamed. We all got up and jumped around. The confetti fell down as we jumped around . I looked around and saw Josh standing at the other end of the field. I ran towards him and jumped on him and yes he caught me but we did fall cause of how fast I was running. I looked at him and laughed.

"Congrats baby, I'm so proud of you" he said kissing my sweaty face.

"Thank you, I honestly couldn't have done it without Delilah. She so talented and she works hard like me" I said

"Well go celebrate with your team. Send me the address to that spot y'all going to be at. I love you" he said kissing me

"I love you too big head" I laughed as I ran to my teammates. There was a stage set out for us to stand on to show off the trophy. I walked on the stage and everyone pushed me to the front.

"Give a speech Mo" everyone said

I grabbed the mic and started talking. "I'm not good at these but I'm going to try. I just want to thank god first. He really pushed me to get through these games. The people that really pushed me are my teammates. You guys always made me the first option to have the ball when it was down to the wire and I just want to thank you guys for having that type of trust in me. Thank you guys for working hard and not giving up. You guys are really my back bone and let's go for another next year!" I said as we all screamed. I grabbed the trophy and brought it up to the air. I looked at Delilah and mouthed thank you. She smiled and looked at the crowd.

...

We all went home and took showers and then came back to the school to get on the bus to go to the venue our coach rented out. It was a party bus so you know we had to party on it. We all danced to whatever was playing. Once we got to the spot, we got off and walked in. To our surprise, our families was there. I looked around and saw my mom and Josh. I walked to them and hugged them.