Chapter 18

London, United Kingdom

My heart shattered hearing those words come from his mouth. The pain that's inside my heart is unbearable. I spent the past two days laying in my hotel room sobbing over this breakup that I caused.

I loved him so much and the fact I hurt him hurt me two times worse. When people say "you'll never miss a good thing til it's gone", they never lie when that phrase pertains to you.

As I cried and wiped my face, my phone rang and I quickly picked up thinking it was him.

"Hello"

"Hi Monica, this is Amanda from the modeling agency. We've been trying to contact you for two days now, is everything okay?"

"Umm yea. Something happened back home so I just needed these two days but I'm good now so what time do you need me to come in?"

"Right now would be great"

"Okay can you give me about 30 minutes?"

"That's fine, we'll be waiting here for you"

"Okay thank you. See you soon"

I hung up the phone and finally got up for the first time to do something productive. I walked into the bathroom and looked at myself. I looked lost and hurt. But I caused my own pain and I caused him pain.

I shook my head and got in the shower. I closed my eyes and immediately regretted. All the memories of me and him started to flood my head. I opened my eyes and looked down at my ring finger and there sat the princess ring he gave to me on New Years. It was something that I never took off and the necklace as well. I guess when I head back to the states I'll give it back to him.

I finished my shower, brushed my teeth and fixed my hair a bit. I looked at myself and left the bathroom. I grabbed all my belongings and left the room and went down to the lobby area.

"Monica right?" The security asked me. I nodded and he led me to the SUV waiting outside. I got in and plugged my headphones in. We made it to the building in 15 minutes and when I walked in, everyone was looking at me. I smiled and walked to my dressing room.

"Hi Monica, I'm Ashley the makeup artist and this is Rebecca. She's going to help you with your clothes and stuff like that" she said all bubbly. I shook their hands and sat down, letting them do what they had to do.

...

"Just like that Monica! You doing the damn thing!" Patrick the photographer yelled. I continued to pose until everyone started clapping. I smiled and bowed. I walked to my dressing room and closed the door. I sighed in happiness and that all went away when my phone started ringing. I looked at the caller id and saw it was my mom. I haven't talked to her yet. I know she's pissed at me for leaving without her knowing and most of all, leaving her and Josh. I decided to spare her feelings and pick up.

"Hey- hush your mouth Monica! You're going to listen and then you can say whatever. You hear me?!"

"Yeah" I said shocked

"Okay good. I can't believe you would run away and not let anyone know. You had me worried sick and Josh as well. How dare you hurt that boy like that? You had him crying and he had to go to the hospital the other day because he overexerted himself and I bet you didn't even call him.

"Mom-SHUT UP MONICA! I'm not done. You almost gave me a heart attack when I didn't see you that morning. Lately, you have no consideration for anyones feelings but yours. Do you know how much that boy loves you.When you get back home, you are going to talk to him.

"Please stop. Just please" I asked sobbing. The guilt I thought had left my body for the last few hours had came back but even stronger.

"What's wrong?" She asked

"Me and Josh broke up 2 days ago. I messed up bad mom like really bad" I said sobbing even harder

"Wait, no. Monica I'm so sorry." She sniffled

"Yea and I didn't even know that happened to him" I said

"But anyways, don't apologize, I deserved it. I gotta go, I'll call soon" I said hanging before she got another word out. I put my phone down and silently sobbed into my hands.

I don't ultimately blame my mom for punching those words in my face but it just made my heart hurt even worse. I knew I shouldn't have picked up the phone.

...
After an hour in the dressing room, I left and went back to my hotel. I wasn't hungry or anything, I just wanted to sleep. I opened my door and walked in to see a figure sitting by the window. I screamed and dropped my stuff.

"Hey Mo" the voice said and I immediately recognized it.

"Get out. GET OUT NOW!!!" I yelled. He looked at me with those same devilish eyes I remember.

"I just wanna talk love bug" he said walking closer to me

"Go to hell. I don't ever want to see you again" I said angrily

"Shut the fuck up Moncia. I don't care what you say because I'm your father and you do what I say" he said with so much power. He thought he could use the word father, oh hell no.

"Then you should've acted like one but you didn't. You're just a complete asshole and monster" I spat

That's when I regretted my words. A stinging sensation hit my face and as soon as I realized what he had done, the faster I got up and began to ran towards the bathroom. "Slow and steady wins the race" they say and they were right. I tripped while running and he caught up to me. I looked at him with anger but deep down I was scared. I just wanted Josh to save me. I thought quick and decided to risk me life right here.

I kicked him in his area, got up and grabbed my phone. I ran to the bathroom and locked it just in time for him to come in. I dialed Josh's number and it rung for awhile but no answer. I called again and it went straight to voicemail. He lied to me. He told me he would save me if he got that phone call from me. He lied to me and now I'm stuck.

"I'm going to call the police on you. Leave now" I said yelling

"Fine! Coming here wasn't worth it anyways" he said hitting the door making me jump. I heard the door slam and I slowly opened the bathroom door and walked out looking around. I took a breath and walked to the living room area and felt the stinging pain again. I fell and looked up at him. I already knew that look and I knew what was to come.

Comment and vote please❤️