Chapter 20

2 weeks later

Today was the day. I didn't want to go back and have people pity me. I just couldn't deal with the faces people would give me. They would ask questions or even say that I deserved it. I wasn't the most liked in school because of my relations with Josh.

I sat in my car looking at the entrance of the school. I don't know if I could walk in there. The thought of me starting my car and going back home was about to become reality until a tap on my window scared me out of my thoughts. I looked over and saw Lamelo waving at me. I sighed and groaned but ultimately got out of the car.

"Hey. I know this is hard but you got this. I'm here with you and I know you don't like people to hover but I'm hovering for a day or two just to get you back in the swing of things" he said as we walked to the entrance of the school. The feeling of nervousness took over and my hands started to shake.

"I got you Mo" he said grabbing my hand. That relieved some of my nervousness. We walked in the doors and to my surprise, no one was staring. I was very pleased because that would make me want to run out of the school. I had glasses and a hat on so no one really knew what was going on.

I walked to my locker and started organizing it for my classes.

"Yo Melo" the voice said. I immediately stiffened and tried to organize quickly.

"Can we talk bro?" He asked in a pleading tone

"Not right now bro" he said trying to hide me. I was moving so quick that I dropped one of my books. In the mist of me picking that up, my glasses fell off my face. I saw a hand reaching for them and I tried my best not to look up but I did. Me and him made eye contact and couldn't stop.

"Mo?" He asked in surprise. I quickly grabbed my glasses and books and left. I walked to my first class and saw how it was almost filled. I walked to the nearest chair that was open and sat down.

"Get the fuck up bitch. This is my seat" this girl said making me jump. I quickly got up and went to another open chair that was in the back. I sat down and put my head down.

"She's the new bitch in town ever since Vanessa left. Sorry about her" the boy next to me said. I looked up and then looked back down

"I'm JT by the way" he said again. I looked up again and he was a pretty boy. I nodded and put my head down again.

"Monica" I mumbled

"Beautiful name" JT said. I said nothing and just decided to close my eyes and go to sleep.

...

"Mo wake up" someone said. I picked my head up and saw Melo staring at me annoyed

"What?" I asked confused

"Why did you fall asleep? You're supposed to be here to learn and your not even doing that" he said angrily

"Okay mom, get off my ass. I'm tired so why not go to sleep? This is why I don't like people hovering" I said getting out and walking to my next class. Can't he see the bags under my eyes? I'm so tired that I could fall right now in this hallway and take a nap.

My next class was only a few doors away. As I turned the corner, someone grabbed my arm and dragged me into a janitorial closet. I screamed and they immediately covered my mouth. The light turned on and it was Josh.

"Stop screaming, I just wanna talk" he said nodding and I did the same.

"I don't want to talk to you" I said trying to walk out. He grabbed my wrist and pulled me back.

"Please Mo- don't call me that. I don't want to talk. Remember we broke up so there's nothing to talk about. I'm fine!" I said yelling.