Chapter 15

6:00 a.m.

I've been tossing and turning ever since he left. I've cried a few times, I pressed my pillow against my face, I cried some more and I did everything but fall asleep. That argument was so brutal like we've never talked to each other like that before. I know he wants to come and I want him to as well but I don't want him mixed in with my problems back home.

My dad is the last person I want to see when I go to London. He did me and my mom dirty and that's the only reason we moved to California. I can't stand him and I just don't want to see him.

I decided to close my eyes for a little bit so I can still go to Josh's game. Even though we had that big argument, I still wanna support him.

...

I woke up at 11:00 to get ready for his game. As I was doing all of that, I was thinking maybe I shouldn't go. Maybe he didn't want me there. All these things kept running through my mind but my body just told me to keep getting ready and go to his game.

...
I finished getting ready and pulled in the parking lot of the gym he was playing at. I took a deep breath and walked in the gym. He wasn't here yet but his family was. I walked over to them and sat next to Caleb.

"Hey Mufasa" he said messing with my hair

"Hey" I said quietly

"You good? You seem kind of down" he asked rubbing my back

"Yea I didn't get a lot of sleep last night so I'm just tired" I said yawning

"Well if you want, you can lean on me and just take a nap. I'll wake you up when the game starts" he said patting his shoulder. I slightly smiled and gladly laid my head on his shoulder. I closed my eyes and went into a deep sleep.

...

"Wake up Mo" someone said shaking me. I opened my eyes and saw Caleb looking at me.

"Your ass was knocked out" he said laughing

"Yea I know. Thanks" I smiled

"It's no problem" he said. I looked down at the court and saw Josh at the free throw line. He looked up and saw me. It's like time froze or something cause we just stared at each other for a few seconds and then he turned away. I looked down at my phone and saw my screensaver that was a picture of us. I sadly smiled and turned it off.

...

The game was now at half time and he was walking up the bleachers. He started talking to his parents and then his brothers. He looked at me and left. My heart kind of shattered and that immediately made me get up. I walked to my car and got in. I thought about driving off but I just took some deep breaths and got out.

"You okay?" A voice said scaring me. I looked and saw Lamelo.

"I'm fine" I said leaning against my car

"I know your not and neither am I but we don't gotta talk about it" he said leaning on my car next to me

"Why aren't you playing" I asked