18 | PHONE CALL

18 | PHONE CALL

The plan has been set into motion, and now it is time for Nichole to act.

While pacing the floor of Taehyun's condo, Nichole gets a call on her burner phone around 10 PM from Bas, the leader of the group of men that Bonnie linked her with. Bas tells Nichole that Kade has just pulled into the Lindor Motel parking lot, and he's alone. Bas and his men have been scoping out the place for the last two days, monitoring Kade's movements as well as the company coming in and out of his room, hookers mostly. 

"The parking lot is nearly empty, so if you and your boys want to pull up, now is the best time," Bas says. "And there's something else you should know about the white boy."

"What's that?" Nichole asks.

"He hasn't used his car today at all. Tonight, specifically, he was dropped off by some fancy ass SUV. It was all black and had tinted windows, so I couldn't get a good look at the driver or verify if anyone else was inside. You know something about that?"

Nichole shakes her head as if Bas could see her. "No. I have no idea who that could be. Kade is... well, I thought he was broke and that was why he's trying to get money out of me. None of our old friends talk to him anymore, nor does his family. I'm not sure who he's been hanging out with... but knowing Kade, they can't be good people."

"They're gone now, so me and the boys can run up if you want us to. Or we can wait until you get here. It's whatever."

Nichole tells Bas to hold off until she arrives. She then returns to the living room and sits on the couch in between Taehyun and Ademar. They both notice the uneasy expression on her face, but neither says a word. They simply hold her and kiss her, comfort her until she's ready to speak about what's been bothering her since she woke up this morning.

"I don't know if I can go through with this," Nichole confesses, hating how weak she feels. "I want to go over there and put the fear of God in Kade. I want to put him through the hell that he made me go through all those years ago when we'd been together. I want him to pay for coming back and threatening to ruin my life..." Nichole pauses, looking down at the ground, feeling disappointed in herself. "I fucking want vengeance, but I also don't want to end up getting swallowed by my hatred towards him and do something I later regret."

"It's okay to have second thoughts, sweetheart." Ademar kisses her on the cheek while Taehyun rubs at her lower back. "We don't have to do anything that makes you feel uneasy. We can back out right now and come up with another plan to take the fucker down. Whatever you want to do, you have me and Tae-Tae's full support no matter what."

"I heard what Addy said the other day about the police not giving a fuck about people like us and he's right," Taehyun adds. "If we want Kade out of the picture for good, then we need to get him out ourselves by any means necessary. And if worst comes to shove and we need help from the law, we have that attorney recommendation from your friend. I did some research and saw that she's never lost a case. So, no matter how this night goes, I'd say we're good."