26 | TONY MONTANA

26 | TONY MONTANA

The nightmare is almost over.

That's what Nichole keeps telling herself throughout the long drive. She knows what the man said about Ademar was right. Once he learns that she and Taehyun have been taken, he'll more than likely round up some men to help come to their rescue. No cop calling. It's yet another thing for Nichole to panic about. She doesn't know how this night will end for her, Taehyun is barely hanging on, and if Ademar comes rushing in trying to play superhero without a plan formed... Nichole will have essentially lost everyone.

And that, if she somehow makes it out of this alive, will torment her for the rest of her life.

"I think we're at the warehouse," Nichole whispers to Taehyun after the van rolls to a stop. She tries to check out the area through the windshield, but it's dark outside and hard to see clearly. "This is where they wanted Caty to drop off the money."

"Yeah, it felt like we've been driving for a while," Taehyun whispers back, looking utterly miserable. He's lost a lot of blood and is pale in the face. "I remember seeing us pass by a cornfield. We really are in nowhere land. They could kill us out here, bury us, and then build a garden over our graves. We'd probably never be found."

"Calm down, Stephen King. This fight isn't over yet." Nichole kisses him on the cheek. "We're going to make it through this. The both of us. Together. So no more negative talk, okay?"

Taehyun nods. "You're right. I'm sorry, baby."

After the men up front finish talking and making phone calls, the one in the passenger seat takes something out of the glove box and then exits the car. He comes around the van and opens the tailgate door. Saying nothing, he cuts the zip tie from around Nichole's ankles, allowing her to move freely. He places a black bag over her and Taehyun's heads before guiding them out.

"We make our products here, so be careful breathing in too fast and too deeply. Shit will fuck you up if you've never been high before." The man chuckles darkly while leading Nichole by her left elbow; the driver handles Taehyun. "Wish I could stick around to watch this reunion. Unfortunately, I got other errands to run. Just try not to kill each other before the Boss arrives."

Nichole doesn't ask for clarification.

She knows that she and Taehyun are being taken to wherever Kade is. She's more outraged than terrified. Ademar's words slowly creep their way back into her head, gently reminding her that all of this isn't her fault. It's Kade fucking Lowery's fault. If she had a gun in her hand she wouldn't hesitate. Not this time. She'd point it directly at his face and would pull the trigger with a smile. That's how mad she is. Mad enough to literally commit murder.

"Since I'm in a better mood..." After they're done walking, the man frees Nichole's wrists. He then takes the bags off her and Taehyun's heads. "Have yourself a little fun with your boy."