01 | A LITTLE CHOKE

01 | A LITTLE CHOKE

"Goddamn, I just wanna know what it'll take for a bitch to get some free drinks around here?!"

Nichole breaks out laughing at her best friend, simultaneously shaking her head. "Girl, you are on level ten when I need you to bring that ass down to a cool three, please and thank you."

"I'm sorry, Nic. But I just can't with these prices! I came out here to have fun, shake a lil' ass, and maybe even pick up a body or two to bring home..." Bonnie says. "I did not come all the way out here to pay $26 for one damn hurricane! And that's only for a medium... Like, relax!"

"I swear you're something else. I don't know why you're sitting up here making a scene like you can't afford it when you literally own a whole hair salon and a nail shop," Nichole says. "Ol' cheap Mr. Krab's headass."

Bonnie laughs, shoving Nichole playfully. "Whatever. I'm just sayin' why buy your own drink when you can come out here, smile and bat your lashes at some gullible fuckboy and get at least three or five drinks out of him for you and your friends?" Bonnie taps at her temple, mimicking that one popular meme. "Work smarter, not harder, baby girl."

Nichole playfully rolls her eyes before finishing her drink and responding. "I see now that I should have brought Alicia out with me tonight instead."

"Oh, shut up! I love Alicia just as much as you do, but let's be real here..." Bonnie says, "the librarian isn't as lit as me. She's just not. End of discussion."

"No, no. I beg to differ. Get a few drinks in her and she'll show out real quick. You know how those Virgo's are. Quiet around strangers, loud around friends," Nichole says. "I know you remember how crazy she got at Malcolm's Christmas party last year. That was some funny shit."

"Hell yeah I remember! I remember that evening very well because the bitch ended up vomiting all over the backseat of my car on the way home," Bonnie mutters, a part of her still irritated about the clean-up job that she had to do that night. "I guess she's a bad bitch too when she wants to be. Still not as bad as me, though."

When I'm In Love by Junglepussy comes on in the club, everyone immediately gets hype.

Bonnie finally finds a reason to leave the bar and avoid purchasing any of the expensive ass drinks. Partying sober is nothing to her. She grabs her gold clutch from off the bar and then takes Nichole's hand, dragging her onto the dancefloor. They join in singing with the crowd, rapping the lyrics, and dancing like they didn't have a care in the world.

It isn't often that Nichole comes to wild out with her friends like this because she rarely takes off from work these days. Nichole and Bonnie, more so Bonnie, often tease their other friend, Alicia, about her being the "tamest" one in their clique. But in reality, it's actually Nichole.