27 | LIGHTS OUT

27 | LIGHTS OUT

"This'll be one hell of a story to tell our kids, won't it?" Taehyun looks at Nichole and smiles.

She stares back at him with her mouth slightly parted, surprise written all over her face. Taehyun wants kids. Does Ademar want them as well? Of course, Nichole yearns to start a family with her lovers one day. Their relationship is still fresh, and they've yet to sit down and do a deep dive into the more serious topics like having kids and getting married. Still, it felt good for Nichole to hear that Taehyun wants kids.

"You really see me carrying your babies one day?" Nichole asks shyly, the shock wearing off as her mouth forms a smile.

"Who else is going to carry them? Addy?" Taehyun teases, making her laugh. He grabs her hand and kisses it. "I love you, Nichole. When—not if—we get out of this, I'm going to spend the rest of my days telling and showing you just how much you mean to me. You and Addy." 

Nichole rests her head on his shoulder, her eyes watering. "I love you, too. My heart belongs to you and Ademar. My heart, body, and soul. It's us three until the end of time."

"Until the end," Taehyun repeats.

Thankfully he isn't, but if Ademar were with them right now, Nichole knows he'd feel the same. Their love is so potent it's nearly tangible. Nichole never thought in a million years that her tired heart was capable of loving not one but two enchanting men. After Kade, Nichole had become somewhat of a workaholic. The only thing on her mind at that time had been keeping the bakery afloat and successful, not dating and giving love another chance.

But then Ademar caught her eye while out at a nightclub, and the rest is history.

"It feels like we've been down here forever," Nichole says. "Addy is probably worried sick. He has to know something is up by now because we haven't come home. I can't imagine how many texts and calls he sent us. He isn't stupid. He's probably already figured out what happened."

"If he doesn't check your house first," Taehyun says, "then he'll check the bakery. He'll see the blood on the ground from when I was shot and then he'll figure it all out. God, I just hope he has a plan."

"But no one knows where we are," Nichole says. "No one has this address except for Caty, and she doesn't even know we've been kidnapped! Do you think these people have already reached out to Addy about the money? What if he's actually on the way over here? What if..."

"Everything is going to be fine." Taehyun shushes her, then kisses her. "It has to be."

Nichole sighs, her eyes shooting daggers at Kade's sleeping form on the opposite end of the cell. He must truly be at peace with dying if he can actually be comfortable enough to fall asleep with everything that's been going on. If he doesn't die by a bullet, then he'll surely die from an infection. The previously white bandage on his left hand where his index finger had been removed, is dark from dirt and blood. It looks like it hasn't been changed in days. Kade looks equally as filthy in his tattered clothes. And still, Nichole feels nothing for him. Not even pity.  This must be what pure hatred feels like.