Volume 1 - Chapter 19: Neko's Plan

The two man team now holding bags of silver and bronze coins proceeded on their mission and walked away from the Molonian Arena, having nothing to do with it now.

Ryujin: "Should we buy something from that shopkeeper to thank him?"

Ryujin thought of a way to repay their debt to the shopkeeper. If it wasn't for his help, they also wouldn't be able to find out about the arena and not everyone would tell anyone information in this world for free.

Neko: "Yeah, we should. He might even have something valuable."

Neko agreed with a smile on his face, both didn't seem like they were in a fight and chatted on the way as they talked about their battles in the arena. At that same time, Neko confirmed they each received 112 Silver and 40 Bronze Coins in that one match which were all safely inside the bags of money.

Finally, they saw the magic crystal seller who was currently examining his products with a magnifying glass with a professional atmosphere. They approached him but he didn't seem to notice as he's too focused on the item.

Neko: "Excuse me-"

The shopkeeper was startled and almost all his crystals that were placed on the cupboards fell when he hit his head on one of the platforms. He didn't look very pleased and frowned when he noticed the two standing in front of him.

Shopkeeper: "Oh it's you guys again. What do you want this time?"

Neko: "We came to buy some of your products."

Neko gave a kind smile and proudly showed the bag of money to the shopkeeper.

Ryujin: "Yeah, we wanted to thank you."

Shopkeeper: "You guys won and came back already?"

The frown disappeared from the shopkeeper as fast as it came and he chuckled merrily at the words of the two.

Shopkeeper: "Please feel free to choose which item is to your liking then."

The two started looking and picking up random crystals from the desk and cupboards. There were many kinds of crystals in different sizes, colors and shapes. A red shining crystal on a handkerchief caught Neko's eye.

Shopkeeper: "Ah yes, that one. That there is a Hellhound's magic core. It has enough power to make a simple magic device move for a week and it has a trait to produce minor heat if you pour some mana in them, good for heating up baths. You guys seem like travellers so I ain't sure if you know about this."

Neko: (So it's like a battery in this world. I'll take it just in case.)

Ryujin: "No we didn't know about that. So thank you for informing us. Say, do you know where we can buy books?"

Shopkeeper: "Yeah, it's over there."

The man turned his head and pointed at a shop on the opposite side of the road which Ryujin and Neko also turned to look at. It had a sign saying "Garry Berry's Books For All" above it's door frame.

Neko: "So how much is this Hellhound Core?"

Shopkeeper: "That would be 6 silver and 40 bronze coins."