Volume 1 - Chapter 20: Ishigami The Alchemist

Lᴏᴄᴀᴛɪᴏɴ: 𝘈𝘳𝘬𝘩𝘦𝘪𝘴𝘵, 𝘈𝘣𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘞𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘊𝘪𝘵𝘺 𝘉𝘭𝘦𝘴𝘮𝘶𝘯𝘥
Tɪᴍᴇ: 6:13𝘢𝘮 (𝘈𝘧𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘚𝘢𝘳𝘤𝘪𝘢𝘯 𝘌𝘹 𝘏𝘦𝘳𝘰'𝘴 𝘌𝘴𝘤𝘢𝘱𝘦)

It was a hectic morning, a day has passed after the battle in the royal castle of Arkheist. It was a peaceful day and the water city of Blesmund located in the regions of Arkheist was enjoying a peaceful day under the protection of it's underwater defence. It remained that way even after an ordinary looking sparrow passed by it's surface undisturbed.

The flying animal however seemed strange, the reason is that it kept glancing here and there curiously as thought it had never seen the sea before. Grandly, it opened it's mouth.

Ishigami: "According to the GPS Bunny gave me, Skyler is thousands of kilometres away from Molonia. It looks like I only covered half the distance after 8 days of flying, geez❗"

After failing to rescue Skyler through the werewolf units, Bunny had given an order to Ishigami in Neko's stead. It was to rescue Skyler who was presently located in the country of elves, Halheiven.

Azathoth: "Pretty sure you shouldn't have taken that long if you hadn't went in different places to do sightseeing."

Ishigami: "Wait, so it's my fault❗❓"

Along with Azathoth's unannounced visit in his thoughts, Ishigami replied bitterly while flapping his wings unsteadily. In order to get to his destination faster, he assumed the form of an aerial animal before he set off.

Ishigami: "Did you want anything, Hiiro❓"

Azathoth: "No, I just came to give you a piece of information. For the most part, you should delay your rescue of Skyler. In fact, you shouldn't save him."

Ishigami: "Really❓ Are you sure I'm allowed to do that❓"

Azathoth: "Ofcourse, do you think he would die?"

After hesitating a bit, Ishigami let out a sigh and shook his head to say that he's right. It's not like Azathoth would let him die so easily. Ishigami's voice was changed to match that of his current bird form so he was being reluctant in speaking out loud, though birds like that shouldn't even be able to talk to begin with.

Azathoth: "You don't need to save him."

Ishigami: "If you say so..."

Azathoth: "Afterall, I don't want you guys to ruin what I want to happen."

He pretended not to hear the last words Azathoth uttered out. Soon after that, Ishigami changed course and halted in his pursuit of Skyler. Since his job was cancelled and he was already far away from the base anyway, he thought it a good idea to stay in a place and get some food.

Ishigami: (I'm hungry...)

Before he had started his mission, he was given rations to last the journey. But because he extended the time of his travels, the rations he received ran out faster than calculated by the Coalition and as such he had to resort to eating fruits that he saw on the way.

Ishigami: "The food I asked them to send to me will arrive tomorrow."

After sulking in mid air for a couple of seconds, he felt something strange. As if something cold and foreign entered his body... This was a sensation felt by a mana user whenever there is a large cluster of magic nearby. This could only mean a few things. It's either a rare magic core from a powerful monster, or an energy produced by a large population of this world's inhabitants... And as in this world, the only species that could hold a significant amount of mana and have a large population are the humans or humanoid races, this could only mean two things... A city or a boss monster.