Volume 1 - Chapter 8: An Encounter With 'Something'

Morning came after a long rest from a long travel, Clodwal was still asleep with his body fully covered by his bedsheets he wrapped around his body. And as he was too mentally tired from days of travel for the first time, he kept reversing time every five minutes and resume his sleep.

Filana: "Wakey wakey, Cloddy!~"

Clodwal: "H-Hnn... Filana... What are you doing..?"

In response to Clodwal's question, Filana who was currently watching him so closely beside him in his sleep replied with a grin.

Filana: "I'm here to inform you about the quest's reward as well as the money from the serpent wolves. Good morning by the way.~"

Clodwal: "I see... Morning..."

Filana: "Orcan and the others are waiting downstairs, they're currently eating breakfast. I'd like to eat now too so let's go!"

Filana abruptly held Clodwal's left hand and dragged him down the stairs in which the latter did not mind and just continued to sleep while being dragged as he was immune to it's damage anyway while the pain was being nullified.

Clodwal: "Are we there yet..?"

Filana: "Geez, just wake up already. You need to eat breakfast."

Clodwal: "Okay..."

Clodwal after Filana's scolding stood up independently and walked along side her while fixing his hair slowly. They then met up with Orcan and the others who were currently eating a kind of potato soup with a boiled egg cut in half in it's soup.

Orcan: "Good mornin', sleepyhead."

Asta: "Good morning, Clodwal-san."

Arsol: "Yeah, have some coffee to wake you up, Cloddy."

Clodwal: "Hnn..."

During their short yet not long travel, Arsol felt very embarrassed whenever I talk to him. It's likely because of the incident where he randomly picked a fight with me due to mistaking me as a noble. He selflessly apologized to me after that and offered me a cup of coffee which I then gulped down in one go.

Arsol: "Careful it's hot--"

Clodwal: "Thanks..."

Asta: "You sure are tough Clodwal-san."

Orcan: "Ya I'm curious about that too, but let's not pry into other people's business. Anyways Cloddy, we decided to give ya all the money we got from the serpent wolves, in total it's 5 gold coins and 46 silver coins."

Clodwal: "Why give them all to me..? I refuse..."

Filana: "Geez, just accept it. If it wasn't for you we would have been monster feces by now."

Clodwal: "..."

He let out a small sigh. He thought based on their statements, if he refuses now, they'll feel a sense of guilt and debt.

Clodwal: "fine if you're that insistent..."

After he agreed, Orcan gladly gave him a pouch of money containing 5 gold coins and 46 silver coins that he promptly stored in his [𝘎𝘰𝘥'𝘴 𝘋𝘪𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘪𝘰𝘯]. Clodwal sat down next to Orcan who was currently drinking his soup through the bowl in exquisite pleasure. He as well took his spoon and began eating his share of soup in it's freshest state, the potato was delicious and it was certainly high class, the contents were so delicate and soft they melted in Clodwal's mouth the moment it came in contact with his tongue. The tiny bits of potato and the boiled egg had a synchronizing effect that matched perfectly with each other in the soup's hotness, thus making Clodwal feel revitalized and awake as the soup went down his stomach giving him a warm sensation he will have trouble to forget.