Volume 1 - Chapter 17: Clash Of Swords

Lᴏᴄᴀᴛɪᴏɴ: 𝘈𝘳𝘬𝘩𝘦𝘪𝘴𝘵, 𝘎𝘢𝘳𝘣𝘢𝘳𝘢 𝘍𝘰𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘵
Tɪᴍᴇ: 2:25𝘱𝘮 (3 𝘋𝘢𝘺𝘴 𝘈𝘧𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘈𝘵𝘢𝘭𝘢'𝘴 𝘈𝘳𝘳𝘪𝘷𝘢𝘭)

The winds in the forest had become momentarily stronger as the two silhouettes of Atala and the king stood there. Still as a statue and as calm as the steady waves of the sea.

Atala: (What should I do? Should I take the first move?)

She took a glance at the king who was standing fifty metres away from her. Standing calmly as the grass swayed along with his hair in his right due to the mountain winds. All of a sudden, he held his sword in his front with two hands. It's hilt faced downwards.

Ashburn: "Come."

Atala who knew naught of what to do launched herself with one foot and was able to leap 40metres in less than a second. After closing in the distance, she tightened her grip and executed a horizontal slash as the blade of her sword gave off a faint white light. Aiming at the king's shoulder.

Atala: (With my stats, I shouldn't worry about being hurt.)

Atala: "Wah?!-"

After doing the slash, the blade indeed hit it's target but. The moment the blade touched the king, the attack passed through him as if he was only a mist. Atalante who was in confusion felt something behind her with her enhanced senses. She turned her head to look and the king was there standing, his sword gleamed in a violent red. He suddenly thrusted his sword at her neck which Atala avoided by back stepping.

Atala: "That was clo- ack!"

What happened? The blade absolutely missed without a doubt. And yet Atala's neck where she was about to be struck was bleeding madly as thought a blade drilled itself there.

Atala: (H-How?)

Isabella: "F-Father! That's dangerous!"

Isabella who was watching anxiously in the distance shouted.

Ashburn: "[𝘋𝘦𝘧𝘪𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘚𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘥], an energy sword that can only be summoned through the use of another sword. It ignores distance and durability once. Although it has quite a long cooldown before being used again."

Atala coughed blood as she crouched on the ground, supporting herself with only her sword. The glow in Ashburn's sword had already vanished.

Atala: (My neck stings...)

Ashburn who was giving a slight smile suddenly looked blankly at her.

Ashburn: "Excuse me? Stings?"

It seems Atala's prediction was right, the king can hear people's thoughts. After five tense seconds, Atala stood up. The cut in her neck all gone. Ashburn watched in bewilderment from the miracle unfolding in front of him.

Ashburn: "Did you use healing magic?"

Ashburn: (No, that can't be. If it was magic I would have sensed it.)

Atala who was now back on her feet, touched her neck to check the wound but felt nothing.

Atala: "I can't use healing magic."

Ashburn: "Then how did your wound suddenly disappear?"

Atala: "I regenerated."

There was silence and Ashburn was suddenly flooded with excitement.

Ashburn: "I see... Then let us continue, brave warrior."

Ashburn disappeared from his location and appeared in front of Atala. He launched a powerful blow from his sword's pommel which Atala blocked with the side-blade of her sword. They started exchanging attacks, slashing and parrying at high speeds in a fearsome exchange of attacks. Their swordplays was so perfect that it surpassed the abilities of human beings. Isabella couldn't even see their movements anymore and only watched as the sparks of light from the blades kept generating due to their speed that was faster than even light.