Volume 1 - Chapter 11: Back to the Capital

Morning came after the eventful happenings in the last night wherein a confused battle took place between Hamtaro and an infiltrator. Sunshine kissed Bahamut's skin as it groaned laying on a tree branch above Orcan and the other's shelter. It's back twitched and a hand emerged which slowly stretched longer until a shoulder came-- then a head, Clodwal's head followed by his chest, waist and finally his feet. His clothes we're all gone and his skin was a jet black color which were all unmistakably the same scales Bahamut had.

He noticed this and waved his hand as thought shooing away a fly and in an instant his hands began to twitch and flinch and from his shoulders a night dark cape began to form then a silvery body armor that reached from his neck to knee. Leaving only small gaps in his joints for him to be able to move them. He had created his own armor. It was a magnificent one that looked as thought it would fetch a fair price in the market of this world if he ever had sold it. He wasn't able to make his own money using his abilities as he lacked something to make it. He can make the money with gold or silver and make them completely identical but the originals had blessings in them or magic fragments for people to sense and paying fake money would get him arrested as he wasn't able to manipulate magic and make it so that the money he makes and the originals are perfectly identical.

He placed his foot against the ground and stretched, yawning silently with his hand placed to cover his mouth. He picked up a stick and spun it around as he approached Filana who was boiling eggs which might be breakfast on a campfire in front of the iron tent he had made, Bahamut came to join him by riding his head.

Clodwal: "Good morning..."

Filana: "Good morning, Cloddy, have you slept well?"

Clodwal: "A bit, I suppose..."

Filana: "A bit?"

She tilted her head rather cutely.
Moments later, the hatch opened and interrupted their idle chat. Orcan came out yawning and stretching loudly then came crawling to the campfire only to fall down beside it and back to sleep again. They both stared at him for a while then after what seemed like minutes they both chuckled, though Clodwal hardly smiled.

Arsol: "Wheres the monster?"

Less than a minute later. Arsol also came out of the tent and asked stupidly while eyes closed and yawning.

Filana: "None, we're having eggs for breakfast by the way."

Arsol: "Just the one?"

Filana: "Ofcourse I have more. Only eggs, boar meat and bread though."

Clodwal could hear Arsol groaning in dissatisfaction. He watched Lifana as she cooked and by the time he knew it, the others were also up and sitting on a tree log opposite him, waiting for breakfast. Filana finished and handed out to each of them three breads, one boiled egg(shells removed) and two meat cutlets with each the size of a foot. 'It wasn't bad' Clodwal thought.

Clodwal: "So then... How close are we to the capital now..?"

Orcan: "We'll be there by the afternoon."

He told Clodwal who was now feeding Bahamut his two meat cutlets, it chomped at his hands fiercely to receive them but he didn't seem to be bothered and his hand came out unscathed.

Orcan: "Where'd ya get them armor, Cloddy?"

He glanced at the magnificent armor and cape Clodwal has made earlier and observed it with glinting eyes. This was what noble knights would wear, he thought.

Asta: "Based on what I've seen so far, I think he made it himself."

Clodwal: "I did..."

They were dumbstruck, to think just this one man was able to make things so easily no matter how valuable. Asta was actually not serious about what he said and only meant it as a joke, but since everyone already knew what kind of guy Clodwal is, they knew he didn't lie.