Volume 1 - Chapter 21: Potions

Lᴏᴄᴀᴛɪᴏɴ: 𝘈𝘭𝘤𝘩𝘦𝘮𝘪𝘴𝘵 𝘎𝘶𝘪𝘭𝘥, 𝘉𝘭𝘦𝘴𝘮𝘶𝘯𝘥, 𝘈𝘳𝘬𝘩𝘦𝘪𝘴𝘵
Tɪᴍᴇ: 8:44𝘢𝘮

Ishigami stared at the pile of papers in a state of petrification. What the hell is he seeing? Are these maths or topics associated to the alchemy of this world? Whatever it is, he's bound to fail because he just got to this world like a few days ago and he wasn't even that good at math.

Receptionist: "Our new member must first answer and submit these examination papers to be able to enter the guild. The contents tests your knowledge regarding herbs and raw extracts used for brewing potions and rare metals. After you finish, we will receive all your papers and add the scores together. The passing average grade is 83 out of 100."

Ishigami gulped.

What can he possibly answer to a question about alchemy from another world? He didn't grow up in this place and he may be a Potion Master by class but it wasn't necessary to use any ingredients for his potions thus he never knew the difficulties of how to make one manually.

In this kind of situation, one would seek for salvation. And it just so happens that salvation is always here.

Azathoth: "Don't be scared. Go do it."

And that one person just spoke out of nowhere in Ishigami's head. Ishigami didn't show any signs of shock to not alert the others but a few moments had already passed so the receptionist had to ask again.

Receptionist: "Sir? Will you take the exam or not?"

Due to the effects of nervousness, Ishigami inadvertently reached out his hand to receive the heap of papers.

Ishigami: "I-I'll take it."

The receptionist looked at him in vague confusion. Certainly he can take the test but...

Receptionist: "Sir, if you fail the examination test today, you will not be able to repeat it again until next year— eh?"

While explaining, she stopped midway after seeing something unexpected.

Ishigami was scribblings answers to an examination paper with a balanced composure. As if he's just copying answers from a textbook, his answering was too quick that it didn't seem like he was even reading the questions and blindly writing.

Yumi: "H-Hey! Slow down and take this seriously!"

Adventurer: "Y-Yeah! If you don't get this right, you'll have to wait a whole year!"

However, Ishigami didn't stop there. He continued answering the different kinds of subjects and contents of the exam and even doing two at once. Every 1 minute, he would switch to another pair of papers.

Because of this weird behavior of his, the receptionist must have thought he was confident and thus leered to look at his answers. The moment she laid eyes on atleast 12 questions that she already knew the answers of, her eyes widened from it's accuracy. They were all filled out correctly.

After about twenty minutes has passed since the start.

Ishigami: "Finally finished... My hand hurts."

He had successfully passed the complete set of papers he was to answer to the receptionist. While Ishigami was massaging his hands one by one with the other, he glanced at Yumi and the Adventurer. He could see that they're both having a common interest, they're looking at the examination papers that he had passed.

Receptionist: "This can't be that easy... P-Please wait here! I have to call for our guildmaster!"

The receptionist without delay, trotted off to a door beside her work desk. That door may have lead to the staffroom and after going inside, the receptionist muttered something about her being unable to ignore this.