seven

i had went home that evening and told my mother about cobra kai, "i'll just use it for self defense." i told her pleadingly as i stood over her, as she sat on the couch. she looked at me with and sighed, "i'm a women, i need to learn how to defend myself mother." i told her and she just groaned. "how much money is it?" she asked.

i was now standing in the middle of the karate dojo, next to eli and demetri. "why did i let you guys talk me into this?" demetri asked and i just rolled my eyes. "this goes against everything i stand for." he continued. "it's like extra gym class for no reason." i looked up at him, "listen just give it a chance alright." i told him. demetri looked over at eli who just nodded, he then finally gave up and just said nothing. 

"quiet!" i heard someone yell, i looked over, it was our sensei. "face front." he instructed us and i then turned towards him, trying to fix my posture. sensei came walking forward, eyeing everyone of us with a stern look on his face. "nice shirt." sensei said to demetri. "thanks." demetri answered with a small smile on his face. "i'm joking, it sucks." sensei said harshly causing me to smirk, i knew it was horrible but it was kind of funny. sensei then looked over to me and walked up to me, just standing in front of me, i didn't move or make a face though, it was like we were in the military or something.

he then continued walking around the room, "when i look around this dojo, i don't see cobra kai material." sensei told us. "i see losers, i see nerds." he told us. "i see a fat kid with a funny hat with his tits popping out." sensei said as he walked by a kid, i made a face at that remark but i guess he didn't notice. "but in my short time as a sensei," he started. "i've also seen some miracles." he said as he glanced over to miguel and a girl named, aisha, they both had proud looks on their faces. "so, maybe there's some hope for you yet." sensei told us as he looked back at the rest of us. "but first, i need to see where you're at. so everybody, fall in!" he told us and we all just looked at one another at first, not exactly knowing what that meant. 

sensei pointed down at the mats, "that means line up!" he told us. we all started walking to get in lines behind aisha and miguel. "no, not..not line up in a line." he said a little annoyed. "lines!" he said and we all just looked over at one another, again confused. "you mean like, 'rows?" demetri asked . sensei in response, put his hands over his face and groaned in frustration.