forty-six

i sat at the lunchtable with moon, yasmine and a few other girls. i was sitting on my phone when demetri placed a big project on the table in front of me. i looked up form my phone, "i'm ready to go back to a world where we don't talk on a regular basis." yasmine told demetri. "hey! hey! my popularity's on the rise, while yours is steadily declining." demetri told the girl and i laughed causing yasmine to turn towards me, i put my hands up in the air, she just turned back towards demetri. "but uh- maybe we can meet in the middle." demetri said. "like a sexual venn diagram." he told yasmine and i felt my eyebrows furrow, "what?" i said. "nothing." demetri replied. "so what's under the sheet?" moon asked the boy. "i'm glad you asked." demetri said. "behold..what scientists believe to be the all valley when dinosaurs roamed the earth." he ripped the blanket off the project, it was honestly pretty dope. i looked up and saw hawk looking my way, we both looked at one another for a second before i looked back to demetri. 

demetri turned to yasmine, "go ahead, press the hadrosaur egg." he told the girl. she pressed the egg and smoke came out of the volcano. i nodded my head in a way of saying good job as i crossed my arms over my chest, leaning back in my chair a little. "not bad!" yasmine said. "my parents may not have to pay for my A this time." she told demetri. "your parents will never have to pay for an A again." the boy told her. 

demetri continued on, "whatsoever, this thing is a masterpiece." he said and i smiled. "i mean everything's to scale. and at 8251 individual pieces, this meticulously assembled model represents the exact moment before the aestroid hit-" demetri was cut off when a ball had hit the project, destorying it. i looked up and saw hawk and his friends, some from cobra kai, laughing. hawk walked up and grabbed the ball that someone threw him, "i'm sorry man. looks like the ball just got away from me." he told demetri, i groaned as i glared at him. "that took me three weeks to build." demetri said, rightfully upset. "eh, took my ball three seconds to destroy." hawk responded, nonchalantly before he smirked and walked back to his friends. "do you have another one?" yasmine asked the boy. demetri didn't respond though, he angrily walked towards hawk. 

i watched him as he walked up to hawk, "another week, another pissing contest." demetri told hawk. "although i shouldn't be suprised since you love pissing so much." he told hawk. at that same time sam came to the table with her lunch. "you landed one kick. you got lucky." hawk said as he walked up to demetri. that's when i got up and walked over to the boys, "that's enough can you boys just stop being so immature for two minutes." i told them, annoyed. "back off." samantha said, walking up. hawk gave sam a look before turning to me, "why are you always sticking up for him." hawk asked me. "i'm not sticking up for anyone asshole, you both are being annoying." i said as i looked at both boys. hawk scoffed at me, "leave her alone." sam said, sticking up for me, not that i needed it. "yeah, like you'll start anything princess." hawk told the girl. "actually, why don't you go sleep around with someone new and break his heart." hawk said. 

samantha pushed hawk back and he dramatically fell into the boys. "what's going on here miss.larusso?" a voice said, we turned around and saw a conselor walk up behind us. "you know our guidelines against physical contact." she told the girl. "did she enter your personal bubble without verbal consent." the conselor asked hawk, his facial expression had changed. "yeah, she definetly triggered me in my safe space." he told the woman. "what are you talking about? he started it by destroying my science project." demetri said. "that was an accident!" hawk defended himself. "you probably shouldn't bring your toys to school anyways." he told demetri. "what?" i harshly said. "miss he was sharing how he felt, please respect him." the conselor told me. "i don't want excuses, i want you guys to respect one another." she said turning back to everyone. "she's right guys. we should stop the aggresion, micro and macro." hawk told us. "give me a break." sam told him. "hey. consider this a warning miss.larusso." the conselor said. "get these legos off the ground, someone could get hurt." the conselor told us before walking away. 

"for you pansies, no space is safe." hawk said as he got into demetri's face. hawk laughed before he turned back to his friends. demetri and sam both turned and walked back to the table and i went to do the same but felt a hand grab my arm, it was hawk. "lucia." he said. "what?" i asked. "i don't get it- why are you always sticking up for them." he said harshly. "i'm not sticking up for them- i told you, this whole rivalry between cobra kai and myagi-do is fucking stupid." i told the boy. "they're losers lucia, we're not. at least i'm not." hawk told me, i felt so much anger pulse through me, i smacked him in the face. i said nothing and just walked off and into the bathroom.