thirty-nine

later that night at the party, i was hanging out with demetri when he randomly walked off. there was a loud squeal coming from the karaoke microphone and demetri had walked up onto the little platform where the dj was. "excuse me!" demetri said. "i'd like to make a toast." the boy told everyone. "to eli moskowitz!" he said as he held his cup up. "who's that? oh! i'm sorry. some of you might know him as hawk." demetri told the confused people as he pointed over to hawk. i looked over to hawk before i focused my attention back on demetri. "but underneath that crazy clown cosplay and whatever type of manic panic he dumps in his hair, he's still good old eli." demetri said. "my binary brother." he told everyone. sometimes it was hard to see, but demetri was right, eli was still in there

"well, he was my binary brother." demetri said. "you know what he is now?" he asked everyone. "a real zero." demetri said as he made a zero with his fingers. "all right, that's enough demetri." hawk spoke up. "don't let that angry red hairdo fool you." demetri continued, ignoring hawk. "he's a big softie." the boy told us all. "we watched every harry potter movie together. and he bawled like a baby when dobby died." demetri said, everyone laughed and i looked over to hawk who was clearly mad. demetri imitated hawk's crying and i saw hawk say something to mitch. 

demetri continued, "in the words of eli's hero, steve jobs, "i've got one more thing." demetri looked around the room, "have any of you heard of sleep enuresis?" demetri asked the crowd. "that is the medical term, of course. in the king's english, it's good old-fashioned bed wetting." demetri told everyone. i looked over to hawk, "and eli here is a pro." demetri said. "my mom even had a special air matress for sleepovers, and she called it, "eli's waterbed." the boy told us. i looked down at the ground for a minute, this thing the boys had going on was getting annoying. "screw mercy, you're a corpse." hawk yelled at demetri. 

some kids from myagi-do blocked some kids from cobra kai and i got up from my chair. moon had done the same, "guys, stop. we're friends." she said. i walked closer and right before anything could happen, sirens could be heard outside and blue and red lights illuminated the room. "shit." i said to myself as i ran out the door. i didn't care i just ran straight for my car and drove off, i wasn't about to get in any police trouble.