fifty-two

"the goal is to win at all costs." kreese told us as we stood in the dojo on the mats. "those we thought to be our allies have turned against us." he said. "now our enemies are attacking us from all sides. there is no turning back."  kreese continued. "now is the time to show them-" kreese started. "i just want you to finish it. for good." he finished as we all punched forward. "do i make myself clear?" he asked. "yes sensei." we all responded. 

after karate class i headed home and threw myself on the bed. my dad has thankfully not messaged me since the fight we had on the phone. there was a knock at my bedroom door and my mother had walked into my room, "sweetie." she said. "yeah?" i asked. "your dad messaged me, he said you spoke with him." she said. "how'd it go?" she asked me. "fine- it wen't fine." i quickly responded. "good- good.." my mom answered and there was an awkward silence. "alright well i'm gonna start making dinner." she said and i nodded before she walked out, shutting the door behind her.

i had to skip karate class the next day because i had a doctor's appointment. later that day i was hanging with some of my friends and tory. we were having fun, just drinking some beers when robby keene came walking up to us. "someone took their sweet ass time." tory told the boy. "you invited him?" hawk asked the girl. "i did. why? you got a problem with that?" tory asked hawk. "of course you did." i said quietly to myself. "here you go keene." kyler said offering a beer to robby. "i'm good." robby said, declining it. "what you can't handle a sip of beer?" hawk asked the boy. "i just don't need to pretand to be cool." robby told hawk. i took a drink from my beer before i laughed. "yeah that's funny." hawk told robby, walking up to him. "all right, let's get going." tory said i rolled my eyes. everyone started walking and i looked back at robby, he said nothing and neither did i.

i walked over to the fence as tory held it so we could get through. i crawled down, "you're a bitch." i said, annoyed with the fact she invited robby. "yeah, cause you're not one." she said and i scoffed as i continued walking. everyone walked over, "come on, this way." hawk said before we followed him. 

we all went into the museum and into the reptile room. "you got the snake pole?" hawk asked kyler. "oh shit, snake pole. right!" kyler said, he seriously forgot? "i orchestrated this entire plan and you couldn't bring the one thing?" hawk said annoyed. "i forgot ok? i've got a lot on my mind right now. if i don't pass trig this semester my dad's gonna shit in my mouth." kyler told hawk, i furrowed my eyebrows at that. "just reach in and grab the snack." tory said. "are you insane? i'm not gonna stick my hand in there." hawk told the girl. "who's in there?" a man's voice called out, fuck. we all rushed out and ran outside, crawling through the fence. i turned around and robby had a bag, he got the snake! we all congratulated him, well everyone but hawk, what was his problem?