Chapter 3 *

Song: to be alone by Hozier
***

Genevieve

I get out of my car, my heels stepping on the gravel in front of the venue. I'm wearing a black dress tonight to keep the attention off me but it had a long and very deep slit on my left thigh, making me only able to wear one knife in a handle on my right thigh.

 I'm wearing a black dress tonight to keep the attention off me but it had a long and very deep slit on my left thigh, making me only able to wear one knife in a handle on my right thigh

My plan was to get the target, poison them, and get home as soon as possible. The Party theme is Black and Blood. How fitting.

My mother had told me that the Target I'm searching for, Paul Russel is wearing a black suit with red stripes. I decided to enter the venue from the back to be sure I knew the way out if something goes wrong.

I get in through the back door and walk along a dark hallway while I can already hear the music coming from the ballroom.

I turn around feeling like someone is looking at me but there is no one. I'm alone in the long corridor. I know to trust my instincts and something was going on.

I continue walking into the hall and turn right to enter the grand ballroom immediately locking eyes with my mother. I follow her eyes to see Russel standing close to the bar, giving her a nod hoping to get over with this fast.

I had no intention to stay here any longer than I needed to.

I walk over to the bar and just as I'm trying to approach Russel I feel someone standing behind me. My hand instinctively goes to the knife on my leg.

"I wouldn't do that, there are a lot of people here" a man breaths out as he stands tall in front of me, his hair just long enough to reach his shoulders, he looks familiar but I can't tell where I've seen him before.

"Harry," he says, placing his hand in front of him, the other one holding the drink he brings up to his lips, and then it hits me.

Harry Styles, Singer, Celebrity, Free time murderer.

"Not interested," I say, taking his hand, shaking it, and turning around to walk away as he grabs my arm.

"Your Mother is much more polite than you, I hope that attitude changes. You know, you could be nice to the people you work with" he says smirking at me, making my face drop in realization.

He is kidding, right? I had heard about him before but I didn't think my mother meant someone like him when she said she wants me to work with someone. I rip my arm away from him, ignoring the comment trying not to lose Russel in the crowd while he makes his way over into another part of the huge room.

"You know you could at least tell me your name now that we work together," Harry breaths out, following after me.

I turn around, nearly making him bump into me,
and look down at me, a hint of surprise on his face.