Chapter 13

Song: Are you mine by Arctic Monkeys
***

Harry

I wake up from the sun hitting my face as I feel the pain spreading through my body.
It was so dark all the time, I'm not there anymore.

I try to open my eyes. Why is there so much light?

My Apartment? How did I get here?

I look around as my eyes land on a figure sitting on the other side of the couch.

Genevieve.

Did she bring me here? What is she reading? God, why hurts everything I do so much?

"You're not dead." I hear her voice.

"Looks like it," I say trying to sit up.

"Fuck" I curse out.

"Did you torture me or something?"

She holds her hands up in surrender. "wasn't me"

And just now I look down at the rest of my body seeing it covered in cuts, bruises, and bandages.

"Why can I not remember what happened?" I accidentally say, loud enough for her to hear it.

"Wait you actually don't remember?" She checks.

I shake my head In response.

"Do you remember the ball?" she asks.

"Yeah the ball, they tried to kill us we ran, and everything I remember after that is dark"

"Fuck" she breaths out.

"What?"

"I was hoping you could give me some answers" she explains, getting up.

"Stop messing around and tell me what happened" I say.

"Well, the men from the ball, the ones who tried to kill us, they followed us and took you.
Zayn is already back on his way to New York. you send me a message from someone's phone. Just the address. Don't ask me how you figured it out and to be honest I was a hundred percent sure it was a trap."

"And you still went? I thought you were smarter than that" I say.

"Well we still don't have all the documents and I plan on torturing you to find out your secrets" she says sarcastically but probably with some truth behind it.

"When I killed the guys in the front I could just walk right through.
The guys you were with. They asked you about me. You didn't tell them. Why?" She asks.

"Why would I tell the people who torture me anything?"

"Oh come on look at you. You were more dead than alive for the past three days so you had a reason. Is it because you hate them more than you could ever hate me or because you need me more than you needed it to stop?" She asks.

"Mhm, that's a nice thing you came up with. If you don't trust me that much, why didn't you let me die? You could have not saved me in the first place. but you did.
Then I nearly died but instead of letting me, you helped me. And then you had three days to regret your decisions and just kill me right here. So why didn't you?"

"Why would I kill you when you can't even fight back? Where would be the fun in that?"

But why would she help me as she did? She didn't only get me out she stayed and took care of me. Did she seriously stitch me? Why didn't she let me die? she needs me for something, but what.