Chapter 36

Song: Antichrist by the 1795
***

Genevieve

"It was never about that"  he states, turning away from me his hands grabbing the roots of his hair.

"So why don't you just tell me why he is here I don't understand" I snap back at him.

I knew James existed, I knew that he was the person that was giving Harry all this information. I suspect that he's also the person that he called these past days.

The question was, why does he not want to tell me the truth?

What is he hiding?

"Look, this is so much more complicated than you think" he starts, calmer now, his elbows resting on his thighs.

"I don't think it is. Just tell me the damn truth" I say, knowing where he is coming from.

Whatever it is that he is lying about, I can work with the truth. Nothing would mean anything if I don't know the truth. Him keeping whatever it is from me just makes it worse.

"You don't understand, I can not tell you," he says, calm and genuine.

"You can't or you won't?" I ask, my voice quiet but demanding.

"I can't," he confirms not hesitating.

I stay quiet for a moment before nodding, Turning around, and heading towards the room Warren was still sitting in, and I was far over it at this point.

"Gen wait" Harry, calls for me as soon as I enter the hallway.

I push the door open, getting inside and walking right up to Warren who is still tied to the chair in the middle of the room.

I pull his head back as soon as I reach him, my knife coming up to push against his throat while my eyes shoot back to Harry in the doorway.

"What does he want with him?" I ask, my focus all on Harry, who doesn't say anything.

"He is my Jesse," he says, stepping closer while his eyes stay on me the entire time.

"What?" I ask in confusion, pulling the knife away from Warren before stepping closer to Harry.

"James is a cop, he knows that we have Warren and apparently they are trying to get him for years. I told him we will take care of him, he's the one I get all the information from" he explains.

"So that's why you always called him, and he is here because they want Warren?"  I ask.

He nods at my question, as I get closer to Warren again knowing that that is not going to happen.

"They can't have him, tell him we will handle this our way," I tell him, receiving a small smirk.

"Already done Belle," He says, using the nickname he knows I hate so much, probably at the wrong time since I'm still pissed.

"Good, now to you," I say, bending over to be on Warren's level, pulling his head up to make him look at me.

"You are going to tell us where those files are once and for all do you understand that?" I say with a cheeky smile on my face, knowing about the information Zayn gave us, we were nearly sure where he kept the files.

"Go to hell you bitch" he spits at me, making me raise my eyebrows and look up to Harry behind me.

"Now he's already doing dirty talk, kinda inappropriate if you ask me Mate" Harry jokes, making me chuckle slightly.

"I will not tell you anything, you tortured me for days now, I think you could connect that yourself" he lets out an exhausted breath.

"Anyways Genevieve what are you going to wear on Saturday? I damn well hope it won't be a lot" Harry teases, but making me play along since I know what he is doing.

"Oh I will find something, I was thinking maybe emerald green?" I say raising my eyebrow at him while watching the smirk on his face.

"Perfect, matches my eyes" He smirks before turning back to Warren, this time he bends down to his level, placing his hands on Warren's knees before speaking.

"You look a little confused. You know, I'm taking her out to this really fancy gala in hopes of having amazing sex that night, and it just so happens to be in... what's the place called Gen?" he says, turning to me.

"Drapers Hall," I tell him, watching Warren's expression I know that Zayn was right about his theory.

Warren quickly contains himself, trying his best to play it off.

"Do you just want to do us a favor and tell us where in that building the files are or will you make us search all the damn rooms?" Harry asks, playing with a knife between his hands.

"You don't know anything you stupid idiot" Warren cusses at Harry, which just makes him chuckle.

"Hey no need to be rude," He says, slightly offended by the look on his face.

"Both of you actually, you have no idea. You think you will find damn papers and all this will be over, you are either very fucking stupid or you actually don't know anything. Either way, good luck getting yourself killed" He states, making both Harry and I look at each other in confusion.

"Tell us then" Harry playfully suggests.

"Why should I do that? You will kill me either way"

"See we know you won't tell us shit so how about you don't speak at all"

My head turns toward the door when the doorbell rings.

"And we won't kill you" Harry smirks at him.

"She will" he whispers his face lighting up in a smirk before he pulls away, revealing Lauren behind him.

"He is all yours," Harry says, before turning away, both of us leaving the room, leaving this all to Lauren.

She had made quite some experience with disgusting men in her life and shit like this easily became personal for her, I can't blame her, and I trust her with things like this.

Also, the idea of Warren suffering makes me feel nothing but satisfaction.

"What do you think me meant?" I ask Harry, referring to Warren's statement from earlier.

"I think we both don't know half as much about this as we think we do, but personally that doesn't stop me. I say we just pull through the concert tomorrow and then get the files on Saturday" He explains.

I nod before speaking, my eyes meeting him.

"What could possibly go wrong?" I say smiling.

Less than 72 hours later

"What do you mean come back around?" I scream into the phone, my hands shaking while I hear them trying to catch up to me.

"I mean we need to leave right now. Zayn is here, they got into the Apartment and found Warren. They know we are behind it, we need to just leave for now" he explains.

I stay silent for a second, continuing to run and fighting the urge to look behind me because I know what I will see will not help my anxiety right now.

"Harry" I scream, fighting back the tears that start to build up in my eyes.

"I can't come back" I breathe out.

"I know"