Chapter 12

Song: talk slow by chase Atlantic
***

Genevieve

"Took you long enough," he says joking but you can hear he's exhausted from the pain he probably experienced.

I step closer while starting to untie him from the chair in the middle of the room.

"I didn't tell them anything, don't worry," he says while I'm cutting the ropes that strapped him to the chair.

I nod wanting to discuss that later while I'm concentrating to get both of us out of here before more people realize what happened. I know in his state Harry would be no help. I'd be happy If he was able to walk alone but as I cut the ropes around his chest I feel him passing out again.

"Hey," I say, getting in front of him and grabbing his face with both of my hands.
"I'm not gonna die because you're stupid enough to get caught. So I need you to stay awake and help me do you understand" I explain.

"Yeah," he says, his voice being nearly not audible.

"Okay," I say cutting the last rope around his ankle.

I put his arm around me looking over to the door and thinking of the easiest way back to the car and how high the chances are that someone already found the bodies.

"Wait" he suddenly says, just when I was about to walk out the door.
"Take those," He says pointing to the files on the table next to the creative things they used to torture him.
Someone knew what they were doing.

I let go of him but he takes my arm just before losing balance again.

"I'm aware you would love to kill me right now but don't let me fall on my face"

"Sorry," I say, grabbing the files making my way out of the door carefully with Harry by my side.
To be honest, I'm surprised he's even conscious, seeing the state he's in.

"Why Is it red ?" he asks, walking along the hallway holding on to me.

"What?" I say keeping my attention on our surroundings.

"Why is red your favorite color?"He asks.

"I don't know why it is not yours. Can we not talk later? I'm trying no to get killed."

he chuckles "And I'm trying to stay awake so tell me why it's your favorite."

"I don't know it was my dad's favorite I guess. And then it became my mums and now mine but"

I can feel him lose balance beside me again, So I let him sit down next to the door for a second, while I try to come up with a plan to get out of here.

"Ok listen to me we need to be fast so I need you to hold on to me while we run over to the car. I can't see anyone so we might be lucky"
I say taking one more look outside having a really bad feeling about this plan.

"ok 1..2.."

He counts holding on to me.

"3"

And before we even start running I can hear the first shot.
But it doesn't end there. I flinch when I feel a strong pain in my shoulder.

"Run," Harry says, grabbing my other Gun out of the holder in my belt. Starting to shoot just as I do.

I don't even think about it when my body suddenly meets the side of my car.

I can hear him cursing while I open the passenger door getting in and climbing on the driver's seat.

I start the car and drive. I don't even know where I was going when I look back at Harry next to me.

"How are you even alive?" I say looking down at the three-shot wounds, one on his thigh, one on his hip, and on his arm again.

"I'm not for long If they decide to follow us" he says.

I look in the back mirror and see no one behind us.

"Drive to my apartment" he demands.

"That was what I was planning to do" I explain.

"Do you know the way?" He asks.

"I think so why," I say still keeping my eyes on the road.

"I'm gonna pass out and I would rather not wake up to you driving confused through Vienna"

"Harry just try to stay awake we are not that-"
"Harry?"

I look over to see him In the passenger seat, sleeping like a baby.
"Oh fuck off"

I park the car on the side of the building looking at Harry next to me.

How am I supposed to get this 6 foot guy up there?

I slap him in order to wake him up just staring waiting for him to move.
Is he dead?

I look down to see the amount of blood he lost and realize if I don't do anything he will probably be dead soon.

I wrap his arm around my shoulder to get him out of the car.
"God this is not fair," I say kicking the car door to close with my foot

I open the apartment door, dragging Harry along to the elevator hoping no one will see us.

The elevator door opens to a woman shooting her eyes between me and unconscious in blood-covered Harry.

"Bar fight," I say smiling at her while she walks past us.
I make my way to Harry's apartment opening the door, coming in, and throwing Harry on the couch.

"I fucking hate this" I sight

I searched his whole apartment for something that could help treat our wounds. It's not like I could go into a hospital and explain this.

So I will have to work with what I have. Vodka a first aid, a few needles, towels and
scissors.

This could be fun.
He's still unconscious on the couch.

I move him over to look at the bullet wound on his hip first, considering that's still bleeding the most.

I apply pressure to try and stop It from bleeding. I did this a few times before. Zayn and I got shot more than once but there was always someone to eventually treat it.

I take the scissors to cut open the rest of the shirt and see the burnings over his chest properly for the first time.

There is scar tissue all over the left part of his chest up to his shoulder.
I've seen his chest and abdomen when I found him but I didn't realize how bad this actually looks. He is covered in bruises and cuts.

They needed him to talk.

But about what? I still don't even know who these people Are but I'm guessing Harry does at this point.

I make my way to his shoulder to see the new gunshot wound on his arm just below the old one. I clean and bandage it and do the same with the one on his thigh.
The fact that he's unconscious is beautiful because for once his mouth is shut and I don't hear any comments.

I turn to go over to the kitchen to get the needles when I feel a grip on my waist.

"Adrian?" He says quietly.

"No no I'm Genevieve"I say confused.

And just like that, he's out again.
Who is Adrian?

After I'm done I went upstairs to take a shower. I look In the Mirror and just now I see I'm actually covered in blood as well. The poor woman that we walked into.
No, you know what, actually fuck her. She was rude anyway.

I get under the shower letting the hot water touch my skin.
While the Steam fills the room I can't help but think about all the things that I don't know.

Who is trying to kill him? Are those the same people that tortured him?
Why were they talking about me?

And who the hell is Adrian?