Chapter 16

Song: 13 beaches by Lana del Rey
***

Genevieve

What a way to start the day.
I had just taken a shower and cleaned myself up.
It was still super early and Zayn wouldn't arrive till tonight.

"What's up with you?"
Harry asks, catching me off guard when I enter the living room.

"Nothing. It's just weird" I say.

"Nothing is weird. We fucked, we had fun, it was nice." He says, raising his eyebrows.

"Yeah. Yeah your right" I say glad he doesn't make a big deal about it.

"You're on birth control right. I'm sorry I didnt really think last night that was stupid of me."

"No no it's fine, yeah I am" I say.

"Look, we can talk about that all we want later but I'd rather focus on Zayn coming back. And then we need to look at those files and finally try to get everything we need from Bryson" I change the subject.

"Yeah I'm sure I can help with that" He says.

"I tried for Days Harry. The man is not talking. Sorry to break it to you but If I can't make him talk, you won't get him to talk either" I assure him.

"Well we will see about that. These address in the files, the one in London. I searched out the People that live there, Their names are George and Tia Taren"

"Never heard of them" I say.

"Yeah, me neither but that's where it gets interesting. Geroge took his wife's name when they got married. His birth name is George Bryson." He explains.

"Bryson?" I say, being much more interested now.

He nods raising his brows.

"But why would the files from the people who want to kill you contain information about my case?" I ask, not having a good felling with all of this.

"It's my case too. Maybe they are trying to be a step ahead." He says looking down.

"You said you worked with them and now they want revenge for what you did. Harry all of this doesn't make any sense. You need to finally tell me what's really going on"

"It's not that easy" he says.

"It is that easy just spit it out" I snap at him.

"You won't listen I don't know it either" he says, louder this time.

After this, we both go quiet. I know that he's lying but the real question is wether he lies because he doesn't want me to know, or because he isn't sure either?

This has something to do with Adrian and the burnings. Was he his brother maybe. Did he die?
Maybe he died in the fire he started telling about.

The most important thing though is that I still have no idea what he expects from helping me with this case.

"Why are you here?" I ask without hesitating.

"What?" he breathes out.

"Why working on this case. Why are you here? Why are you helping me?" I ask.

He stays quiet for a second before giving me a questioning look.
"You have no idea what's in those files do you?"

"People" I say knowing he is right and I have no idea why my mother wants those documents.

"People. Yeah, just not any people. People involved with the mafia" he says.

I laugh before he goes completely quiet raising his eyebrow at me.