9. Company

"Caroline?"

Caroline's eyes go wide "Shit" she mutters as Klaus, Elijah and Declan look at her questionably. "It's Elena." she mouths to the group. "Get out all of you! Go through the back door." they all stand up Klaus just gave her a look.

"Caroline are you there. You haven't been answering your phone" Elena says through the door

"Come on Elena. How does Barbie not answering her phone for a couple of days translate to being dead in a ditch with a stake through her heart?" He says to Elena clearly not seeing the need to check on Caroline as Elena does.

"Shut up Damon." Bonnie says

"Oh don't look at me like that Klaus! Go." She points to the back door. Elijah flashes Declan out of the house along with all the spell books they brought. Though Klaus is still in the living room with Caroline who is still trying to make him leave. "I do not trust them. - Klaus mouths looking Caroline in the eye - I am staying." Caroline huffs still not having it.

"No you need to go now."

"I can hear you moving in there Blondie, come on and open the door for us." Damon said in a mockingly sweet voice, while Caroline rolled her eyes

"Go, I am not kidding Klaus, get out." Caroline mouthed. "Damon, can't you be patient for once in your life." Caroline yelled to Damon even though she did not need to yell with his hearing.

"Well I would love to blondie but Elena, Bon Bon and my idiot brother here have all convinced themselves, you're staked at the bottom on a vervain bath because you have not answered their messages so could you just give proof of life so I could get on with mine."

Caroline looked to Klaus who was still unmoving and now with his eyes pointed to Caroline's stomach subtly pointing out that she is still pregnant with his child. Huffing out a breath Caroline says "Oh my god fine, just give me a second" Stay hidden! Klaus nodded but gave her a look that meant 'I will kill them if they touch you' 

Caroline found it odd that she could so easily interpret the one motion but just brushed it off. Caroline opened the nearest door and pushed Klaus into it in a rush only to realize after that she just pushed The Original Hybrid into her broom closet. She could practically feel the scowl form on his face.

After dealing with Klaus Caroline went to the door and opened it to see Elena, Bonnie and Stefan all glaring at an uncaring Damon.

"Hey Elena, and to answer you I am not dead in a ditch." Elena turned to her after she spoke, losing her glare to a relaxed face. "Well then where have you been, you have been missing school and you never answered your phone?" Elena said walking past Caroline into the house with everyone close behind.

"Sure come on in." - She mumbled sarcastically - "I know you were worried about me and I am sorry for not answering your calls but I just wanted a few days for myself to just take a small step away from the drama and life threatening danger we are all constantly in. Is that such a bad thing? I just wanted some time to myself. Elena I love you Bonnie, and Stefan and I would never want you hurt but I just needed some time."

"What about me? Don't you love me Barbie?" Damon said faking hurt by putting his hand over his heart.

"You know I have always hated you Damon." She said without missing a beet.

Damon dropped his fake hurt look, "Oh yes I know. You one said 'calling me Satan was an insult to Satan.' If that is not a clear declaration of hatred I don't know what is. Though I hate you too Blondie." he said smugly while Caroline just smiled at the phrase.

"Caroline!" Elena shreaked

"Enough about me Elena. Did something happen, why have you been trying to call me?"

"Well we wanted to talk about the still ongoing threat of death by Original Hybrid." Damon butt in.

Caroline's surprise was evident on her face. "Klaus? Why are you worrying about him he left weeks ago?" She said still completely aware the person in question was listening to their entire conversation and is also the person she is going to have a child with.

"Well everything that has happened in the past with him we can't just assume he will let everything go, can we? So we need a contingency plan to take care of him." Elena summed up while Stefan and Bonnie looked like they agreed but not as strongly as Elena did.

"Let me get this straight, you want to find a way to hurt Klaus just in case he comes back to hurt us? That is ridiculous! If he found out about your 'contingency plan' you would have given him a reason to come back to kill everyone. You would be doing the opposite of helping; you would sign your own death sentences." By the end of her rant Caroline was becoming more harsh in her words. "Elena can't you see this is a stupid plan. Leave it alone. I won't let you hurt him!" The protectiveness in her last words surprised everyone including the one still hidden in the closet making the room quite.

"Blondie has fallen for the big bad?" Damon said breaking the silence.

"What? I haven't 'fallen' for Klaus, Damon." Caroline said but Elena seemed not to have cared to listen.

"Are you serious Caroline?" - Elena yelled - "Do you know all the bad he has done to so many people. How many times he hurt me, Stefan, his own family... Caroline he killed Jenna!!"

Caroline was angered by her friend's words and had to speak up for her mate "He was different around me... He was never the big bad monster hybrid with me... He was just Klaus. He has never hurt me." She yelled "Instead he called me love and beautiful... He -"

She would have continued but Damon cut her off "Oh so you had your way with him for a couple of complements, if I had known you were that easy I-"

It was Caroline's turn to cut him off "Damon you have no grounds to stand on. He never compelled me to warm his bead. He never made me cover the bite marks he didn't heal. He never threatened to suck me dry if I didn't do something for him. He never made me think I was going crazy because I could not remember why I was in so much pain. He was never the one that, after I woke up in that hospital room, a hunger burning in my throat I couldn't understand, as the same memories he erased of me begging for him to stop, of me trying to push him off but never succeeding because I was not strong enough. All the memories, all the pain, all the fear, coming back as if it happened all over again. No that was never him that was all you Damon." 

Caroline's eyes were beginning to spill over. Everyone else in the room was mortified with what they heard. 

They all knew he was compelling her but never knew what happened, or that Caroline was still in pain. The room was so quiet for a moment but then there was a loud crash. 

Damon was no longer in the center of the room he was up against the wall with a very, very angry hybrid holding his neck.

Sorry for the long wait I will try to make the next captures have shorter breaks!!!

Please comment and Vote!!