3. Why

Klaus POV

As she gently rubs her small hand through my fur I feel almost as is this is where I have always been meant to be.

No Ones POV

Elijah has fallen behind Klaus because of how many people he has needed to compel but soon enough he catches up and finds his brother, still as a wolf but also sees Caroline Forbes petting his head. Completely and entirely shocked as he is that this has been their destination, he only let it show on his face for a second before he is recomposed. As Elijah approached the pair to try and see in she knows why this is happening, Klaus is the first to notice his approach he turns towards his brother and the movement breaks Caroline out of the sort of trance she is in and looks at the original and sees how his normally perfect suit looks worn and is covered in dirt.

Elijah is the first to speak "Ms. Forbes - he says as a greeting and she noods in return - I believe we need to have a chat."

As he gets closer Klaus thinks it is close enough and moves in front of Caroline and looks at his brother and growls to make his message perfectly clear to 'Back off' it seems to be understood because Elijah takes a step back.

"Yeah. I think we do." Caroline speaks in confusion at the move she now knows Klaus has made. Putting it together that since Elijah is here that the wolf must be Klaus.

In Caroline's House

Klaus is still in wolf form and has not left Caroline's side since he got there. Elijah is awkwardly sitting in the living room across from Caroline.

"Not to sound rude but, why are both you here?" Caroline said, finally had enough of the silence

"Truthfully Ms. Forbes, I don't know exactly. I was hoping you could answer that question. Late last night Niklaus shifted. Then proceeded to run out of our house in New Orleans and did not stop until we arrived here. Quite a long journey to not take a stop or even care who is to see." Elijah replied in his normal polite manner. Slightly glaring at the wolf in the room.

"And I am guessing you don't know why he is here as a wolf? Not that I am enjoying the lack of male bravado or anything." she says quickly with a small chuckle.

Klaus turns his head to that, with what looks like an annoyed face.

Ignoring her comment Elijah continues, "Something I did notice was that I believe that he was forced into the change. If he were to return here I would believe he would choose to be in his human form for it."- he said while thinking it over then pulling out his phone - "I am going to make a call to one of my trusted witches to come here and see if there is something he can tell us... Excuse me." he says as he gets up and Caroline only noods in response.

Once the witch arrives half an hour later, he introduces himself as Declan. He looks over Caroline, Elijah and wolf Klaus, "Okay can you tell me some information about anything else other than the forced shift?"

"After the transformation, he ran and did not stop or let be stopped until he arrived here... Until he got to Ms. Forbes."

"Assuming since he is in wolf form this either is a spell from another witch or this has something to do with his werewolf half being lead here." Declan says while opening his grimoire, "There are a couple of spells a witch could use to lure one person to another and I can undo it if that is the case."

"What about if it is not a spell? What if it is his werewolf half doing this?" Caroline askes

"Well then we can't do anything. If that is what's going on then it is ingrained into his DNA to do this, whether that be near you or protect you it can't be stopped until the impulse stops."

"How can we find out which it is?"

"I will do a spell to determine if there is a spell in place - pulling out ingredients for the spell out of his bag - could someone grab a clear bowl of water." Caroline nods and heads to the kitchen with Klaus in tow. When they return Caroline hands the bowl over to Declan. Who places it in the middle of a salt circle.

"When I start the spell the water will be the indicator if it freezes there is some type of spell and if it boils then there is none." He starts chanting, reading from the spell book. Tension high in the room everyone is staring at the water. Seconds later the water boils. The chanting stops and Declan is the first to speak, "Okay, now that we know there is no spell we must find out why his werewolf half has been drawn to her. I have only read this on a few occasions, for different reasons but I have some assumptions."

"What are your assumptions?" Elijah askes

"Well in the cases of mates, which are rare, one can be stressed or in danger you will find that it's mate will be forced into his shift soul reason to comfort or protection. Another is that when his mate is expecting his child, he will be forced to change and protect them both." When Declan finishes everyone has different reactions, Elijah's eyes widen, Klaus' head snaps onto attention and Caroline says "Okay, hold on... are saying that one of the possible reasons for Klaus being here is that I am either his mate or that I am pregnant with his child?"

"Yes." he says simply