12. His Light

No One's POV

"Niklaus Mikaelson I love you."

"I know that these are not the best circumstances with Elena, Damon and..." Caroline cradles her stomach " and the baby but I am realizing I love you. You are the Original Hybrid, but you are also just a person. You in the past year I have known you, you have shown me so much love. You showed me love I have never felt before, not with my parents, not with Matt, Tyler, no one... You are my mate. You have been the owner of my heart for longer than I will ever admit." Caroline chuckled and looked into Klaus' eyes. " I love you and I know now I will for the rest of my lif-" Klaus didn't let her finish and kissed her. Caroline responded instantly, wrapping her arms around his neck and his went for her waist. Klaus kissed her with everything he had, pushing all his emotions he could muster into the kiss to show Caroline he felt exactly the same. That he loved her and he would forever.

****

Niklaus Miakelson was thought to be the worst creature to ever exist by every witch, every werewolf, every vampire and every human who knew his name. He was thought to have no conscience, no soul, utterly incapable of love. Yet here he was in bed holding the love of his life. Holding her naked stomach and feeling the little life they created, their child. Their son or daughter's heartbeat drumming in his ears combined with Caroline's steady breathing, he used as his own personal lullaby as he fell into a peaceful sleep.  

****

It has been a couple of days since Elijah took Damon to the Mikaelson mansion after Klaus suffocated him.

When Elijah had taken him the original could feel his own anger rising for what Damon had done to Caroline. Although Elijah does not know much about Caroline he has come to learn Niklaus cares a great deal for her and is now carrying his brother's child. In his mind that is more than enough to be considered a part of the Miakelson family.

Through the years Elijah has seen his brother through all his highs and lows. He has been there for his anger from Miakel, the feeling of being betrayed by his siblings, the sadness he hides from being alone for so long, and every self-deprecating action Klaus had made to make himself believe love is a weakness. And through it all Elijah had never seen Klaus as angry as he was in that house holding Damon's neck.

At that moment even Elijah felt scared.

Scared of the brother he has known for all his life.

Not knowing what else to do, Elijah has kept Damon inside the house's dungeon Klaus had made when they moved in. Knowing that Klaus has nothing but pain and suffering for the oldest Salvatore brother in store he has made sure he is not comfortable; starving the vampire and draining him to get the vervain out of his system. But also keep blood close by so he can smell it. After the first day of listening to Damon run his mouth trying everything in his power to annoy Elijah, he went through the house and found one of Rebekah old sewing kit and sewed his mouth shut.

It is safe to say the next couple of days Elijah was stuck in the house watching Damon, were quiet. 

Elena had managed to convince Stefan and Bonnie to try and save Damon but with the Original on watch the attempts were futile. 

****

"Love, it is morning" Klaus said softly as he held her in her arms and started rubbing her back.

"hmm" Caroline groaned and cuddled closer into his arms. "Go back to sleep" she mumbled into his neck. He gave off a deep chuckle that sent shivers down her spine.

"It is time to get up. We have been in this house for days now. Do you want to start rumors, love?"

She moved her face to be heard "The only rumors that will be spreading are the ones by Elena, about how you have brainwashed me to love you, not true, and how Tyler is the right person for me and I have been compelled to break up with him, and I really just don't care at this point what Elena thinks about us." After Caroline finished her rant she moved her head back in its place in his neck. Klaus only laughed.