6. The Spell

Klaus POV Two days after the first night

I woke up like the previous days with Caroline. I woke before her and even before the sun made its way into the sky, with only a soft light blue tint. I think to myself how I ever could win her affections. Even when I had her confession I still don't believe it was real.

Then I look over at her and all my worries melt and all I can think about is how perfect she is and how she will never choose me.

I just watch her until her alarm goes off. I see her eyebrows crinkle and her soft moan of annoyance as she becomes more aware. She - with her eyes still closed - slaps her hand over her alarm several times until it finally shuts up. She is so beautiful when the morning haze of sleep is still over her.

Caroline POV

As I woke up I can't even recall turning off my alarm, but I find that is not what is waking me up. I look over to what is nuzzling me out of my sleep ready to see my mom, Elena, or even Bonnie for a wake up call but I see the same wolf that I fell asleep to. I see Klaus bumping his head against mine to wake me because obviously my alarm failed to do its job. "Okay, Okay... I'm up you can stop." I say still groggy. He stops nuzzling me. After a couple of seconds he did it again since I did not move before. "Fine." I sit up slowly. My eyes flutter to adjust to the morning sun lighting the room. I turn to Klaus "Happy?" - I get out of bed, get a bathing suit to shower in - "I am getting in the shower. Try not to break anything." He rolls his eyes at me.

After my shower I change using my vampire speed because I figured out any more than 30 seconds that Klaus can't see me, he starts to become aggravated and does whatever he can to see me again. After I change I listen with my vamp hearing for my mom to see if she is in the house. She is not and so I head down stairs to eat. When I get me and Klaus a blood bag I start to make myself some eggs and bacon. After Breakfast is when Elijah has been arriving with the daily check ins and blood delivery.

No Ones POV

Elijah nocks on the front door with Declan in tow. "Good morning Caroline, brother." Elijah greets "Hello again Ms. Forbes I believe I have found a spell in which to figure out the bond that is between you both. May we come in" Declan says with a bright smile

"Hello to you both, please come in. And Declan, call me Caroline." she says with a grin after they sit in the living room Caroline offers them coffee and they both decline "So you said something about finding out what the bond is?"

"Yes, Declan has been working on a spell that determines whether or no you are Mates, true mates or not either. I have also asked him to procure another spell to perform. If you are mated then it begs the question if you are expecting, because in that case it will be a possibility." Elijah says slowly eyes flicking between Caroline and Klaus for their reactions.

"Okay - Caroline's nerves spike at that last sentence - What do you need for the spell?" she asks looking over to Declan.

"I will need a bowl and I need both your blood and the other ingredients I already have. The only hard part is getting Klaus' blood. I hear he has been rather defensive to all but you. I believe you are the only one who can get it from him without being killed or bitten."

"I can try. I'll get the bowl now then the blood" She and Klaus walk to the kitchen after returning Declan hands Caroline a dagger. She calmly walks over to Klaus picks up his paw and slices just above his pad and watches as about a tablespoon of blood gets out before the wound is healed. Klaus though didn't even flinch.

Declan and Elijah were not expecting it to be that easy so they have a surprised look on their faces. After a second both are recomposed and Caroline walks over with Klaus blood in the bowl to now slice her own palm. Klaus now flinched, got up and gave off a protecting stance almost as if the slice had made her vulnerable and he needed to protect her. Caroline's wound has healed and now she has placed the bowl on the table for Declan.

After Declan grabs the bowl he adds several different herbs along with laying out several candles across the room. "Can you shut all the blinds Elijah?" As he shuts the blinds Declan examples what is going to happen "Okay this is a very old and ancient spell. Older than these two - he gestures to Klaus and Elijah - I will ask the spirits to answer. If they sense the bond they will give a signal for the truth." Everyone nods. Declan snaps his finger, the candles suddenly light. He closes his eyes and starts chanting "Ascultă-mi spirite grozave, spune-mi. Da-mi un raspuns. Perechi sau nu. Adevarati colegi sau nu. Legătura incasabilă, formată din cele mai pure emoții. Alăturarea a două, în putere, putere. Împreună în corp, minte și sprite. Iată-mă acum."

In the now dark house with only candles Klaus creeps closer to Caroline. Elijah just watches the witch. When there is no more chanting he opens eyes. Declan and Elijah look to Caroline and Klaus for any sign. After a few seconds Klaus falls to the floor and Caroline's head hits the couch both unconscious.

Elijah's POV

Declan and I both shoot up. I jester for him to check Caroline while I go to Niklaus. "What happened to them?" I ask looking to the witch.

"I don't know. But they are both alive."