5. First Night

His inner monologue running rapid at the thought of a kid. It had been over a millennia since Klaus last thought of the possibility of having children. He was freaking out

Small Time Skip

Over the next two days Declan has been gone, presumably looking though his books. Elijah has been checking on Caroline and Klaus who still had not left her side. Caroline has not really been to school or outside much because of him. She can't even go take a shower without him trying to break down the door. She has resorted to showering in her most covering swimsuit and leaving the door open; even though Klaus can't figure out why she wants the were it. He has seen it before and would be happy to see her again. Since she can't go to the local hospital, Elijah has been bringing her and Klaus blood.

On the first night Klaus stayed with Caroline, there was a small struggle when Elijah and Klaus had to stay hidden from Caroline's mom Liz.

"Hey Mom" Caroline said nervously from around the corner of the living room. With half of her body hidden from Liz' view. Elijah flashed out the house before she even entered after receiving a look from Caroline that said 'get the hell out.' Almost like she was back in high school sneaking a boy out of the house before her mother saw... Leaving only Caroline to hide Klaus. Caroline's one hand on the wall in front of her while the other was on Klaus' muzzle - which truly displeased him but Caroline was not letting go - trying to keep him quiet or from attacking her mother. After a couple of hours with him, Caroline found Klaus' wolf would not  let anyone near her, only himself; no matter who they were. She found out the hard way after Elijah at one point tried to approach her and Klaus let out a terrifying growl pulling his lips back to show his teeth then launching himself at his brother; although not purposefully.(Klaus saw only red when someone got too close to Caroline and immediately went on defense). Only to be pulled back by Caroline. Which surprised even herself at which she was able to hold him back. Then to have him instantly calm after her hand released it's pressure and she stroked his fur in a soothing motion. Klaus leaned into her hand and to which Elijah was not unable to hold back his surprised look towards them.

"Hey Baby. Listen I can't stay long. I am on break for just a little longer. I won't be home till late tonight. You'll be okay?"

"Yeah, I'll be fine. No need to worry about u-me. All will be good with me here." Caroline started her nervous rambling. Liz looked at her daughter suspiciously.

"You okay Caroline. You seem tense" Caroline took a soft breath forcing herself to relax, before her next words. "Yes. I'll be fine mom... Get back to work." she said with a small smile.

"Okay. I'll see you tomorrow." Liz said walking out the door, giving a small wave to her daughter. 

When she was finally in her car and pulled out of the driveway did she exhale. Klaus watching the tension leaving her body at which point did he pull back on her hand to be released to which she let go.

"Sorry" - she looked at him and gave a small smile - "You can come back Elijah." Elijah walked in.

"Ms. Forbes, if I may ask with my brother not being able to leave your side, how long do you think you can keep this from her?"

"I am not telling her. At least not until I know exactly what this all is." she said making a small gesture to Klaus and herself

"Alright, I will be working with Declan with trying to figure this all out and if you need anything feel free to call." he gave her his phone number.

"Actually Elijah. I have been running low on blood bags and I can't exactly go to the hospital or the Salvatore's to get more from them. I think they will be suspicious of the amount I will be taking for me and Klaus. Not to mention the gigantic werewolf that will be watching their every move and attacking if they get too close. I bet Klaus would love to take a chunk out of my friends but I would be none too pleased." She said quickly with a small glare towards Klaus who just gave an amused look back.

Elijah chuckled at her speech and their staring competition. "Of course, I will be by with a decent supply for you and my brother in the morning along with a bag for Niklaus in case he transforms back. Goodnight Ms. Forbes." he said heading to the door.

"Elijah? - He turned around - it's Caroline." She gave him a smile which he returned. And continued back to the Mikelson mansion where Declan was. Once he was gone it was just Caroline and a wolf Klaus.

She turned to him and looked him in the eyes "You are sleeping on the floor. - to which he returned with a disapproving look and gave a soft growl - Don't look at me like that" she turned away from him heading to her bedroom. He rolled his eyes and followed.

Once up the stairs she went to a nearby closet and grabbed out several blankets for Klaus to lay on. In her room she placed the soft blankets on the floor and made it big enough for him to lay out even with his enormous wolf. 

"Here nice and cozy" she walked away and waited for him to go over he looked back to her 

"Okay I know you are used to memory foam mattresses, silk sheets and a ten-thousand dollar frame but this will do for the time being. So suck it up. I am going to get changed here." Caroline walked over to her dresser, pulled out some pj's and went into the bathroom. When she was done she opened the door and found Klaus on the other side just sitting there waiting for her feeling uncomfortable not being able to see her. 

She gasped when she walked out, "Oh my god Klaus don't do that!" she said quickly "Just go to bed." Leaving the doorway she went to bed and tucked her under the covers on the farthest end from Klaus turning off the light and shutting her eyes.

Klaus made his way to his make-shift-bed and layed down. Displeased with being able to see her he stood with a soft grunt and took the blankets in his mouth and dragged them to the other side of the room in front of Caroline. Having heard him moving Caroline opened her eyes to hear him in front of her with the blankets and him staring at her. She exhaled exasperated and turned around onto her other side away from Klaus. Calling it fair Klaus laid down once again and just listened to her breathing until it evened out. Now closing his eyes letting sleep take him like it took her.